Statement of Mission
Pellissippi State Community College: a transformative environment fostering the academic, societal, economic, and cultural enrichment of the individual and the community.
Features of the Mission
To fulfill its mission, Pellissippi State offers students the opportunity to earn the following credentials:
- Associate’s degrees and certificates that lead to employment in a variety of career fields
- Associate’s degrees, courses, programs, pathways, and partnerships that prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-level colleges and universities
- Industry recognized certifications that increase the skills of the local workforce, support the development of existing and new employers and foster economic growth
Our mission is guided by our commitment to the following values:
- Academic Integrity
- Community and Civic Engagement
In support of these values, we offer the following programs and services:
- Academic Support Services
- Arts and Cultural Events
- Early College Initiatives
- Non-credit Classes
- Student Support Services
- Study Abroad
- Sustainable Campus Initiative
- Technology-enhanced Course Delivery
- Veterans Support and Programming
- Workforce Development
To sustain and enhance these offerings, Pellissippi State develops and maintains comprehensive fiscal and other administrative services and a physical environment conducive to learning. In line with its heritage as a technical institute, the College integrates state-of-the-art technology into teaching and learning, educational support, and administration.
Located in Tennessee's third-largest metropolitan area, Pellissippi State comprehensively serves the greater Knox and Blount County area and extends its engineering and media technology offerings to Anderson, Loudon, Roane, Cumberland, Campbell, Fentress, Scott, and Morgan counties. A member of the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) System, the college develops and maintains student transfer agreements with TBR universities, the University of Tennessee, and private colleges and universities in the region. In all programs and services, Pellissippi State continually emphasizes the value of diversity among students, personnel, and other constituencies. Services are provided without regard to age, gender, veteran status, religion, race, national origin or disability.