Welcome to Academic Affairs
The Academic Affairs Division is responsible for the development, management and administration of all academic matters at Pellissippi State Community College, including faculty, curriculum, course schedules, academic support services, evaluation, budgets and instructional improvement projects.
Academic Affairs is committed to ensuring outstanding teaching and learning through the promotion of academic excellence. Student success in transfer preparation classes and in career-technical training depends on faculty support, community engagement and instructional technology.
The Academic Affairs Division:
- Provides oversight and direction to academic departments responsible for learning support, transfer programs and career academic programs
- Supervises learning services, including advising and articulation, curriculum and instruction, program development and accreditation, and distance learning and academic support programs
- Assists the President’s Office in developing and implementing College goals and policies
- Makes recommendations on employment of personnel, on promotion and on tenure
- Participates in regional economic development efforts and industry training needs
- Coordinates and manages academic budgets