Pellissippi State offers a variety of educational opportunities to meet the needs of students with diverse backgrounds and interests. Each program of study is built on a set of broad educational goals. Academic and student support services are provided throughout the student’s educational career to encourage academic achievement and personal growth. The College is especially committed to providing new students with experiences that recognize their unique and diverse needs and maximize their opportunities to succeed. This commitment is articulated in Pellissippi State’s Statement of Philosophy for the First Year of College.
The faculty and staff at Pellissippi State Community College believe that the first-year experience is critically important, as it provides the foundation for college success and lifelong learning. To best serve the unique needs of first-year students, we commit to the following:
- Facilitating new student transition to the college campus.
- Providing high-quality instruction.
- Establishing positive mentoring and advising relationships with beginning students.
- Supporting a vibrant college culture where students experience and express diverse world views.
- Offering a comprehensive range of activities and opportunities to enhance learning and personal growth.
- Evaluating the results of our efforts addressing first-year student needs.
In providing first-year students exceptional opportunities for growth and involvement, we believe they will connect more deeply with the college community, achieve their academic goals and gain a clearer, fuller vision of their lifetime direction.
Pellissippi State operates on the semester system, with the standard academic year consisting of two terms of 15 weeks each. The standard credit is the semester hour.
- Associate of Arts (A.A.)
- Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.)
- Associate of Science (A.S.)
- Associate of Science in Teaching (A.S.T.)
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (A.A.S.N.)