(For a print version of these steps and important deadlines, view our PDF Enrollment Guide.)
Steps to Enroll
Step 1: GAIN ADMISSION
- Complete Online Application for Admission.
- Pay $20 non-refundable application fee.
- If your native language is not English, you will be required to demonstrate English proficiency.
- Official high school transcripts (must include graduation with regular high school diploma)
- GED scores: must have 450 composite score, with no subject score below 410.
- Home school transcripts: accreditation will be verified.
- Official college transcripts from each institution attended and test scores, if applicable. (See Step 3.) Transcripts may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- Hepatitis B immunization form (if under 18, must be signed by parent or guardian) and Measles/Mumps/Rubella and Varicella immunization forms as necessary.
(Students not pursuing a degree or students seeking a certificate)
- Submit high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Official college transcript if your course requires a pre-requisite. Transcripts may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRANSIENT / VISITING STUDENTS
(Students taking a course at Pellissippi State then returning to home institution)
- Official college transcript from current institution indicating good academic standing. Transcripts may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIVING THEIR APPLICATION. WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE FROM PELLISSIPPI STATE WILL BE SENT VIA E-MAIL.
ATTENTION: STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you need accommodations for a disability, contact the Services for Students With Disabilities Office, Goins 134 or (865) 539-7153.
Step 2: APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
All degree-seeking students should apply for financial aid, which includes scholarships. (Non-degree and certificate students are not eligible for financial aid.)
Remember: Applying early ensures you'll be considered for financial assistance.
For financial aid forms or more info:
(865) 694-6400 - Financial Aid
Step 3: SUBMIT TEST SCORES/TAKE ENTRANCE TESTING
New students must submit valid ACT/SAT scores. If students do not have ACT/SAT scores, students will take a COMPASS test.
**Valid test scores have been earned within 3 years prior to the first day of class of the student's entering term.
ACT Minimum College Level Scores
SAT Minimum College Level Scores
(English & Reading taken from critical reading score.)
COMPASS Minimum College Level Scores
Students with scores below the minimum score in either the ACT/SAT or COMPASS must take the Placement Test in the area(s) that are below college level.
Placement test scores determine course placement in Learning Support reading, English, or math courses or college-level English or math courses.
Students with college-level transfer credit in English and math do not have to take the placement test.
To set up a time to take the COMPASS and/or Placement test at Pellissippi State Call (865) 694-6400. Sample test questions for the Entrance Tests are available.
Step 4: MAKE ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Steps 1-3 must be completed and all documentation must be received BEFORE you can make an advising appointment. Schedule an advising appointment by calling (865) 694-6400.
Non-degree students are not required to see an advisor before registering. Remember to bring college transcripts if your course requires a pre-requisite. If you don't have college credit, take the Entrance Tests if you plan to take math or English.
Step 5: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Registering early gives you a better choice of course offerings and class times. Degree seeking students will register during their advising appointment. Non-degree students can register after being admitted.
Step 6: ATTEND ORIENTATION
First-time degree-seeking freshmen are required to attend New Student Orientation to ensure a successful start at Pellissippi State. For more info call (865) 694-6400.
Step 7: PAY TUITION & CONFIRM ATTENDANCE
Fees may be paid online, by mail or in person at the Cashier's Office on any campus. To pay online, go to myPellissippi.
YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE WILL BE CANCELED IF YOUR FEES ARE NOT PAID BY THE DEADLINE.