We’re grateful for your military service and for all of the personal sacrifices that have accompanied it. Pellissippi State is a certified veterans friendly campus through the state of Tennessee’s Veterans Education Transition Support Act. Pellissippi State maintains a Veterans Affairs Office at the Hardin Valley Campus within the Financial Aid Office. Contact the Veterans Affairs Office with any questions you have.
As part of the application process, you’ll need to provide
- Proof of immunization
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- ACT or SAT scores (if applicable)
- A copy of your high school transcript, GED or other college transcript
After applying, you will receive an email with instructions for how to access myPellissippi. Be sure to check your myPellissippi regularly for updates.
Application deadlines are listed in the Academic Calendar in the current College Catalog.
2. Apply for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits.
Your checklist of requirements may be different depending upon which GI Bill benefits you receive. Find your full checklist at www.pstcc.edu/financial_aid/va/apply.
3. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Be sure to list Pellissippi State as your chosen college.
A lot of financial aid is first-come, first-served, so file the FAFSA as soon as possible after the beginning of the year to help ensure you qualify for financial aid.
Just a note: when you file the FAFSA, you may be randomly selected by the Department of Education for verification. If this happens, the DOE requires Pellissippi State to verify the financial information you submitted. After you submit the FAFSA, if you’ve been selected for verification, Pellissippi State will notify you through your myPellissippi account. If you are selected for verification, submit any additional paperwork as soon as you can so that your financial aid is not delayed.
4. Apply for Pellissippi State scholarships.
One scholarship form will enter you into the pool for all Pellissippi State scholarships. You’ll be considered for any scholarship for which you qualify. You must complete the FAFSA to be considered for Pellissippi State scholarships.
When you apply for Pellissippi State scholarships, ask a professional to complete a Letter of Recommendation for you.
5. RSVP to attend a New Student Orientation at Pellissippi State. Select any student veterans New Student Orientation session.
7. Confirm your attendance and pay any outstanding fees.
Just be sure to contact our Veterans Affairs Office to handle any deferments and other registration and financial aid needs.