New Classes for Fall
- Home Comfort - Using Natural Remedies - Learn to use tea, tonics and tinctures to relieve common discomforts, explore medicinal foods and basic herbs, and make your own herbal kit win instructor Kerry Willett
- Baby Sign Language with Nadine Tippie. Learn how to integrate signing into your daily routines to ensure that it becomes a natural part of the day.
The Civil War in Appalachia:
- Uncivil Conflict in the Coves: The Civil War in Southern Appalachia explores four years of conflict, from 1861-1865, and the lasting legacy they left in this region. Cades Cove native Larry Sparks and Maryville College professor Dr. Aaron Astor will be guest speakers.
- Appalachian Dulcimer - Civil War songs. Explore the history of the Civil War era through the songs that emboldened men marching off to war and that comforted soldiers and their families across battle lines. Experienced novice through intermediate dulcimer players.
- Learn piano in a few hours with Instant Piano for Hopelessly Busy People. Play songs easily and quickly using chords instead of note-reading, allowing you to learn to play any pop song in one session.
- Learn to play a unique folk instrument steeped in Appalachian lore with Rudy Ryan this fall. He's bringing back the Appalachian Dulcimer Beginner course
In the event of inclement weather, be sure to watch the Pellissippi State Community College page and our Facebook page (@psccbcs) for cancellations.