New Classes for Fall
- Home Comfort - Using Natural Remedies - Learn to use tea, tonics and tinctures to relieve common discomforts, explore medicinal foods and basic herbs, and make your own herbal kit win instructor Kerry Willett
- Baby Sign Language with Nadine Tippie. Learn how to integrate signing into your daily routines to ensure that it becomes a natural part of the day.
The Civil War in Appalachia:
- Uncivil Conflict in the Coves: The Civil War in Southern Appalachia explores four years of conflict, from 1861-1865, and the lasting legacy they left in this region. Cades Cove native Larry Sparks and Maryville College professor Dr. Aaron Astor will be guest speakers.
- Appalachian Dulcimer - Civil War songs. Explore the history of the Civil War era through the songs that emboldened men marching off to war and that comforted soldiers and their families across battle lines. Experienced novice through intermediate dulcimer players.
- Learn piano in a few hours with Instant Piano for Hopelessly Busy People. Play songs easily and quickly using chords instead of note-reading, allowing you to learn to play any pop song in one session.
- Learn to play a unique folk instrument steeped in Appalachian lore with Rudy Ryan this fall. He's bringing back the Appalachian Dulcimer Beginner course
Notice to ITT Technical Institute students
Pellissippi State Community College is reaching out to students and alumni from the recently-shuttered ITT Technical Institute.
ITT Technical Institute, which had a campus in Knox County, shut its doors earlier this week following new Department of Education conditions for federal financial aid to the for-profit college.
Pellissippi State encourages ITT Tech students and alumni to contact Pellissippi State's Admissions Office to find out more information about the possible transfer of credits and about degree programs similar to those offered by ITT Tech. Students and alumni can visit www.pstcc.edu/itt for more information.
Pellissippi State will hold enrollment information sessions in the coming weeks for former ITT students. For more information, visit www.pstcc.edu/itt or call 865-694-6400.
Additionally, many of Pellissippi State Community College's online certifications prepare students for the jobs that they had been training for at ITT Technical Institute a lower cost with a shorter training. For instance, a person who was studying to be a Computer Systems Technologist can take advantage of our 240-hour CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ online course.
For a list of all our online courses, visit http://pstcc.theknowledgebase.org/.
In the event of inclement weather, be sure to watch the Pellissippi State Community College page and our Facebook page (@psccbcs) for cancellations.