Policies and Procedures
For admission only to non-credit courses for continuing education units (CEUs), an applicant must submit a completed Non-credit Course Registration Form with payment to Business and Community Services. A student enrolled only in non-credit classes who seeks to take credit classes must meet the regular admissions requirements listed under the general admissions procedures as applicable.
Non-Credit Information and Policies
Five ways to register:
- Call (865) 539-7167 and talk with one of the continuing education registrars. Make payment with Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
- Visit during office hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Hardin Valley Campus, Lamar Alexander Building, Room 108.
- Mail a completed Non-credit Course Registration Form with check or money order to BCS Registration, Pellissippi State, P.O. Box 22990, Knoxville, TN 37933- 0990.
- The completed Non-credit Course Registration Form may be faxed to the Business and Community Services (BCS) office on the Hardin Valley Campus at (865) 694-6583. Please do not write credit/debit card information on the form if faxing. A member of our staff will contact you for payment information once your registration form has been received. Please note that your registration is not complete until payment has been processed.
- Register on the Web: www.pstcc.edu/bcs. Click on the "Search for a Course" or "Register for a Class" links in the left column.
Fees. All enrollment fees must be paid before the beginning of class. The fee amount for each class or course is stated with the information regarding each of the offerings. Fees vary in accordance with the costs incurred in the delivery of the course, such as instructor, materials and facilities costs. Unlike credit courses, no tax dollars are used to support non-credit programs. Non-credit courses are sustained by participant or contract revenues only; therefore, class enrollment must meet the minimum number of participants required to cover expenses. State employee, senior citizen and disabled fee waiver policies do not apply to non-credit programs. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express. Pellissippi State employees are eligible to take non-credit classes through a budget transfer process. You do not need to apply or be admitted to the College to take non-credit courses, and you don't have to pay any application fees through our office. The cost of the class and any applicable material fees are included in course listings.
Closing Dates. The closing date for registration is two working days before the start of the class, unless otherwise stated. Registration after this date cannot be guaranteed. Class space is limited and many classes fill before the closing date. Early registration with payment will ensure enrollment.
Cancellations/Postponements. Classes may be canceled for lack of minimum enrollment. In the event a class is canceled by the College for any reason, an effort will be made to notify each student registered for the class, provided work and home telephone numbers are given on the Non-credit Course Registration Form.
If for any reason the instructor must postpone or reschedule a class session, she/he will notify the Business and Community Services Office and the students. In all instances of postponement, the instructor is responsible for arranging makeup classes.
In the event of inclement weather, non-credit classes follow the College's schedule for cancellations, unless noted otherwise on our NEW page.
Holidays. Non-credit programs adhere to the College holiday schedule.
Refunds. Money will be refunded ONLY if the class is canceled by the College or upon notification of the student’s intent to withdraw two business days prior to the starting date of each class. Refunds for summer camps must be requested at least five business days in advance of the start date. NO REFUNDS can be made after these dates because classes are started on the basis of full enrollment and payment of accompanying fees. Students may appeal a refund by submitting a written request outlining the basis for the appeal to the executive director of Business and Community Services.
Parking. Non-credit students can park on campus in any designated Open parking area without charge. Please do not park in Faculty/Staff or Visitor parking areas. These locations require a parking pass and/or are time-restricted.