Business and Community Services
Female trimming garden with flowers

Policies and Procedures

About our courses. Personal and professional development courses at Pellissippi State Community College offer professional certification, job training and hobby skills. Some courses are eligible for continuing education units (CEUs). 

Admission. Non-credit courses are exempt from the traditional college admission process. Payment is due at the time of registration.

  • Register online.
  • Call (865) 539-7167 to pay by phone with Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
  • Visit during office hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Hardin Valley Campus, Lamar Alexander Building, Room 108 to pay with personal check, cash or card.

Cancellations. In the event of inclement weather, non-credit classes follow the college's schedule for cancellations, posted on the main page. See also: Refunds & Withdrawals.

Classroom location. Most classrooms are assigned at the time of registration. Some locations may be assigned two days prior to the class start date. Click here for campus maps and directions.

Credit Classes. Students must complete a separate admissions process through the Pellissippi State admissions office to take credit classes. 

Fee waivers. We are unable to accept fee waivers. Unlike credit courses, no tax dollars are used to support non-credit programs; we rely on course fees to cover course expenses. If you have questions about credit courses approved for fee waivers, please call our main number at 865.694.6400.

Holidays. Non-credit programs follow the college holiday schedule

Minimum and Maximum enrollments. Class enrollment must meet the minimum number of participants to cover expenses. Class instructors may also limit class sizes to provide adequate personalized instruction. Please ensure we have updated contact information so that we may contact you in the event of a class cancellation to place you in a new section, new course or to refund payment. In the event a course reaches maximum enrollment, a second course may be offered based on instructor availability. Some courses also allow for wait lists, although wait list participation is not guaranteed.

Payment. Payment by cash, check and money order must be made in person, while payment with Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express can be made by phone or online. Payment in full is due at the time of registration.

Pellissippi State employee classes. Pellissippi State employees are eligible to take non-credit classes through an interdepartmental budget transfer process. Registration and fees must be approved by an employee's department before enrollment. 

Parking. Ample free parking is available in any Open parking area labeled with an "O" on lot signs (e.g., O9). Please do not park in Visitor or Faculty and Staff lots as these are time or permit restricted. PDF Campus Map

Registration closing dates. Registration typically closes two working days before the start of the class, unless otherwise stated. Class space is limited and many popular classes fill before the closing date. Early registration will ensure enrollment.

Refunds & Withdrawals. Classes canceled by the college are eligible for refund or rescheduling; BCS office staff will contact students in classes canceled by the college. To withdraw from a course, you must notify us of your intent to withdraw two business days prior to the starting date of each class. Please note: The beginner MSF Basic RiderCourse requires at least seven business days' notice before the class start date to be eligible to receive a refund or to reschedule without a fee. Parenting classes must reschedule or cancel before the start date of the class; no shows must pay the full registration fee again to re-enroll in the class. 

Refunds, Summer Camps. Refunds for summer camps must be requested at least five business days in advance of the start date of classes.