All degree-seeking students who have been accepted to attend Pellissippi State Community College for the spring 2016 semester should make plans now to attend a New Student Orientation session. Classes begin Jan. 19.
The sessions, which take place in December and January, are required of all new degree-seeking students, both freshmen and transfer. Reserve a space as soon as possible at www.pstcc.edu/orientation.
Orientation gives new students the opportunity to meet with Pellissippi State students, faculty, and staff; learn about what they can expect in college and what the college expects of them; learn strategies for college success; explore degree, major, and transfer options; and discover campus services and resources such as financial aid, tutoring, and computer resources.
Students are encouraged to take part in a session at the campus they’ll be attending for class.
Dates, time and locations of general orientation sessions:
- Blount County Campus — 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11
- Division Street Campus — 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14 (includes a special session for international students)
- Hardin Valley Campus — 5-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1; 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 8; 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 15 (includes special sessions for international students and for veterans)
- Magnolia Avenue Campus — 1-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12
- Strawberry Plains Campus — 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13
Additionally, an orientation just for transfer students (with a special session for veterans) is set for 5:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, on the Hardin Valley Campus. Transfer students may attend any New Student Orientation session.
Pellissippi State encourages parents, spouses and others supportive of the student to attend orientation, too. They’ll receive special information in separate sessions.
Download this press release: NSO Spring 2016