Pellissippi State Community College is offering Valentine’s Day special pricing for select non-credit courses.
All classes are held on the Hardin Valley Campus, 10915 Hardin Valley Road, unless otherwise specified. Register at www.pstcc.edu/bcs. The special Valentine’s Day pricing is valid for course registrations made Jan. 25-Feb. 14. Use the code VALENTINE when registering to take $10 off any course price listed below.
- Ballroom Dancing, Level I — 6:45-7:30 p.m., Mondays, Jan. 30-March 13. Take time to dance with your darling – you’ll learn the basic dance steps for popular dances such as swing, tango, salsa, waltz and more. Cost is $85 per person or $100 per couple. Taught at Dance Tonight, 9119 Executive Park Drive.
- Ballroom Dancing, Level II — 6:45-7:30 p.m., Tuesdays, Jan. 31-March 14. Sweep your partner around the dance floor. You’ll go beyond basics to get tips on footwork, arm styling and floor craft. Cost is $85 per person or $100 per couple. Taught at Dance Tonight, 9119 Executive Park Drive.
- Instant Piano for Hopelessly Busy People — 6-9 p.m., Monday, Feb. 6 or Wednesday, March 1. Serenade your sweetheart once you’ve learned these shortcuts for playing piano. Learn all the chords you need to play a pop song by ear in one evening. You’ll focus on chords rather than individual note reading. Some knowledge of pianos or keyboards is preferred, but not required. Cost is $59 with a $25 materials fee. Feb. 6 course taught at Blount County Campus, 2731 W. Lamar Alexander Parkway.
- Working with Yarn — 6-7 p.m., Tuesdays, Feb. 21-April 11. Make something by hand to warm your Valentine’s heart. Work with patterns and experiment with basic stitches for knitting and crochet. You will choose the stitch you want to use to create a beautiful, handcrafted item by the end of class. Cost is $69.
- Estate Planning: It’s Not Just Having a Will — 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday, Feb. 14 and16. There’s more to protecting your loved ones than writing a will. An attorney will help you understand the basics of estate planning, and you will leave the first class with a properly executed living will. Instructor is an attorney. Cost is $49.
- Basic Digital Photography — 6:15-8:15 p.m., Wednesdays, Feb. 15-March 15. Capture priceless moments forever when you understand the basics of exposure, composition, lighting and color theory with a digital camera. Course includes in-class critiques. You must bring a digital SLR camera or a point-and-shoot camera with manual mode. Cost is $119.
- Girls on Guard: Six-Week Women’s Self-Defense Course — 7-8:30 p.m., Thursdays, Feb. 23-March 30. Give your best girl the gift of self-confidence with a self-defense course designed specifically for women and teens through the Women’s Self-Defense Institute Girls on Guard program. She’ll put classroom instruction into practice with scenario based physical instruction on self-defense techniques. Cost is $89.
- Flyfishing 101 — 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18. Spend an idyllic day outdoors as you start at the beginning and learn the right way to fly fish. You will learn the basic skills of fly fishing – learn about fly rod and reel, line, leader and tippet; how to rig your outfit; where to find fish; how to cast and about types of flies. Instructor is a guide, custom rod maker and member of the Foothills Craft Guild and Custom Rod Makers Guild. Cost is $95.
To request accommodations for a disability for these courses, contact the executive director of Equity and Compliance at 865-539-7401 or email@example.com. For more information about non-credit courses at Pellissippi State, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167.