Trace your family history. Take up digital photography. Discover the serenity of fly-fishing.
Sign up now for one or several of these fun and informative non-credit classes offered at Pellissippi State Community College in April and May. All classes are at the Hardin Valley Campus, 10915 Hardin Valley Road, unless otherwise specified.
- Basic Genealogy—Tuesdays, April 7-May 12, 6:30-9 p.m. Find out how to trace your family tree. Cost is $75.
- Introduction to Color Theory—Wednesdays, April 8-May 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Study color theory and complete a painting. Cost is $120.
- Playing With Copper: Torch-Fired Enamels—Mondays, April 13-May 18, 6:30-9 p.m. Discover how to fire traditional enamels on copper. Cost is $130 plus a $40 materials fee.
- Beyond Basic Digital Photography—Thursdays, April 9-23, 6:15-8:15 p.m. on the Hardin Valley Campus or Thursdays, April 30-May 14, 6:15-8:15 p.m. at the Blount County Campus, 2731 W. Lamar Alexander Parkway. Learn basic digital photography techniques. Cost is $119.
- Women’s Self-Defense: Reduce the Odds—Saturday, April 11, 1-3:30 p.m. Open to women over age 18. Learn self-defense based on the Women’s Empowerment Series’ Girls on Guard module. Cost is $40.
- Tennessee Estate Planning, Beyond the Basics: The Importance and Flexibility of Trusts—Thursday, April 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Discover the many types of trusts. Cost is $29.
- Flyfish 101—Saturday, April 18, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. or Saturday, May 16, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Learn the basics of fly-fishing. Cost is $85.
For more information about these and other classes offered by the college’s Business and Community Services Division, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call (865) 539-7167. To request accommodations for a disability, email email@example.com.