You might think that a few unwanted books can’t make a difference in a student’s life. Pellissippi State Community College has 29 years of experience in proving otherwise.
The college’s annual Faculty Senate Book Sale is a successful fundraiser—the event raised $7,850 in 2010 and over $89,000 since its inception—and proceeds go to the Pellissippi State Foundation for student scholarships.
Because most items range in price from 50 cents to $4, there is a need for large quantities of books and other gently used items. In addition to books, donations of CDs, DVDs, videos, vinyl records, magazines, calendars, puzzles and computer games are now being accepted.
Though faculty, staff and students donate items, previous sales have been successful thanks in large part to strong community support. The public is encouraged to donate to the 2011 sale at any of the four Pellissippi State campuses.
Drop-offs may be made weekdays, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., at the following locations:
- Blount County Campus, 2731 W. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.
- Division Street Campus, 3435 Division St.
Main office front desk
- Magnolia Avenue Campus, 1610 E. Magnolia Ave.
- Pellissippi Campus, 10915 Hardin Valley Road
Library (Educational Resources Center), first floor behind main staircase
And be sure to mark your calendar for the actual sale dates:
- Feb. 28-March 3, Blount County Campus
- March 2-3, Division Street Campus
- March 2-3, Magnolia Avenue Campus
- March 16-17, Pellissippi Campus
For additional information regarding donations, contact event co-chair Bobby Jackson at (865) 539-7060 or email@example.com.