Students who have been accepted to attend Pellissippi State Community College for the fall 2014 semester should make plans now to attend a New Student Orientation session. Two special sessions have been scheduled for veterans.
The sessions are required of all first-time degree-seeking freshmen and are recommended for transfer students. Reserve a space as soon as possible.
Orientation gives new enrollees the opportunity to meet with Pellissippi State students, faculty, and staff; learn about what they can expect in college and what the college expects of them; learn strategies for college success; explore degree, major, and transfer options; and discover campus services and resources such as financial aid, tutoring, and computer resources.
New Student Orientation campuses, dates and times:
- Hardin Valley Campus—June 24, 5-8:30 p.m.; Aug. 5, 5-8:30 p.m.; Aug. 8, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Aug. 22, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Strawberry Plains Campus—Aug. 11, 9-11:30 a.m., 1-3:30 p.m. and 5:30-8 p.m.
- Blount County Campus—Aug. 12, 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.; Aug. 18, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Magnolia Avenue Campus—Aug. 12, 5-8:30 p.m.; Aug. 13, 8:30-noon
- Division Street Campus—Aug. 13, noon-3:30 and 5-8:30 p.m.
The June 24 and Aug. 8 orientations on the Hardin Valley Campus include a special session for veterans.
TnAchieves students have assigned orientation dates in July. For more information about those dates, visit www.pstcc.edu/orientation.
Pellissippi State encourages parents, spouses and others supportive of the student to attend New Student Orientation. The application deadline for fall semester is Aug. 13. Classes begin Aug. 23.
To sign up for an orientation session, visit www.pstcc.edu/orientation or call (865) 694-6400. To request accommodations for a disability, contact Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (865) 539-7153.