Whether you’re considering retirement or simply seeking relevant financial planning information, Pellissippi State Community College offers informative, up-to-date non-credit courses to meet your needs.
Non-credit classes are offered through Pellissippi State’s Business and Community Services. For more information or to register for a class, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167. All classes are offered at the Hardin Valley Campus unless otherwise stated.
- Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement — learn the basics of financial needs, investments and taxes related to retirement. The class will be offered at the Blount County Campus from 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 2-23, and at the Hardin Valley Campus from 6-9 p.m., Thursdays, Aug. 4-25. Cost is $79 and includes one person and a spouse or guest at no extra charge.
- How to Thrive Financially in Retirement — learn to ensure your money serves your retirement goals properly, including topics like estate planning and health care. Class will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Aug. 16 and 23. Cost is $59 per person.
- Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income — learn important rules and strategies for claiming Social Security benefits. Class will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Aug. 9 and 11. Cost is $59 for one person and spouse.
- Savvy Social Security & Life Planning Strategies for Women — specialized rules and strategies for claiming Social Security benefits as a woman. Class will be held from 6-7:30 p.m., Aug. 15. Cost is $29 per person.
- Planning for Long Term Care: How to Identify, Obtain & Pay It — learn the importance of financial planning for long-term care. Class will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Aug. 18. Cost is $39 per person.
- Tennessee Estate Planning: It’s Not Just Having a Will! — learn about the importance of planning for disabilities, living wills, death and state and federal taxes. Class will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Aug. 16 and 18. Cost is $49 per person.
For more information about these and other classes offered by Business and Community Services, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167. To request accommodations for a disability for one of these courses, email email@example.com.
Download this press release: BCS Retirement 2016