Looking for a unique holiday gift? Pellissippi State Community College offers a number of non-credit courses during the months of November and December. Whether for yourself or others, consider the gift of knowledge.
All non-credit courses are available through Pellissippi State’s Business and Community Services division. To register for a class, or to buy a gift card for a friend or family member, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs.
All classes are offered on Pellissippi State’s Hardin Valley Campus, 10915 Hardin Valley Road, unless otherwise noted.
- Beyond Basic Digital Photography, 6:15-8:15 p.m, Wednesdays, Nov. 30-Dec. 14. Concentrate on the artistic side of photography. Learn how to “see” with a camera in order to capture interesting subjects and the basics of computer imaging. Class also includes two Saturday field trips. Cost is $119.
- Microsoft Outlook, 5-8 p.m., Nov. 16. Learn basic features and best practices for using Microsoft Outlook to save time and be more efficient. Cost is $65.
- Quickbooks Level I, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Nov. 18. Quickly and efficiently gain control over the financial aspects of your business, including how to set up a company and work with lists and how to use QuickBooks Pro to invoice for services, process payments and pay bills. Cost is $175.
- Savvy Social Security Planning & Life Planning Strategies for Women, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Dec. 5. Learn more about spousal benefits, coordinating benefits with your spouse, what to do if your marital status changes and planning for a long life. Cost is $29.
- Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Dec. 8. Baby Boomers will learn tips for coordinating retirement, spousal and survivor benefits to maximize benefits over your lifetime. Cost is $29.
- Introduction to Scuba Diving, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Dec. 10-11. Learn the fundamentals of scuba diving in order to pursue the SSI certification. Course includes classroom instruction and pool training that you need prior to taking the qualifying dives required for certification. Cost is $212 plus a $99.90 course materials fee and $85 equipment rental fee.
To request accommodations for a disability for any of these courses, contact the executive director of Equity and Compliance at 865-539-7401 or email@example.com. For more information about non-credit courses, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167.