Pellissippi State Community College will host plenty of summer camp class options for children (and adults!) this year.
- Junior Summer Team Tennis — Ages 9 and up. Enjoy fun, friendly tennis team competitions. Instructor Andy Frost separates players by ability and age. Teams have one practice and one match per week. Cost is $135. May 31-July 26; practices are 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Wednesdays and matches are 2 p.m., Thursdays.
- STEAM Camp Adventure — Ages 10-17. Spend a week specializing in Minecraft coding, robotics or videography. Cost is $320. Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., June 12-16, 19-13, 26-30 or July 10-14.
- Self-Defense for Kids — Ages 6-9. Learn fun and easy self-defense moves for common scary scenarios. Cost is $79. Monday-Friday, 9-10 a.m., July 24-28.
- Self-Defense for Preteens — Ages 10-12. Learn fun and easy self-defense techniques for common scenarios like bullying. Cost is $79. Monday-Friday, 10:15-11:30 a.m., July 24-28.
- Girls on Guard: Self-Defense for Young Teens — Ages 12-14. Engage in practical self-defense techniques for specific situations. Cost is $89. Monday-Friday, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., July 24-28.
- Reduce the Odds: Self-Defense for Older Teen Girls — Ages 15-17. Learn to recognize and escape dangerous situations through practice with technique and role play. Cost is $89. Monday-Friday, 1:15-2:30 p.m., July 24-28.
- Multigenerational Class: Did You Get That On Film? — All ages. Learn to use your cell phone camera to capture better videos and use apps for special effects. Cost is $159. Monday-Friday, 1-4 p.m., June 19-23 and Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m., July 17-21.
All classes are available through Business and Community Services, which offers lifelong learning opportunities to individuals through personalized, non-credit courses in everything from career training to personal hobbies.
For more information, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167. To request accommodations for a disability at this event, contact the executive director of Equity and Compliance at 865-539-7401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.