What are you doing this weekend?
Pellissippi State Community College is offering free, lifelong learning classes at its Magnolia Avenue Campus on Saturdays, beginning Sept. 30. These free classes are a precursor to an upcoming announcement for weekends at Pellissippi State.
The Magnolia Avenue Campus is located at 1610 E. Magnolia Ave. Registration is encouraged but not required. Students who preregister and then check in for any free class this fall will be entered into a drawing to win a $150 gift certificate to apply towards a future lifelong learning class at Pellissippi State. Register by calling 865.539.7167 or visiting www.pstcc.edu/bcs.
Join Smart Trips and log your green commute to Saturday classes for a chance to win two Regal Cinemas passes and a second $150 gift certificate to apply towards a lifelong learning class at Pellissippi State.
- Introduction to Women’s Basic Self-Defense, Sept. 30, 9-9:45 a.m., 9:50-10:35 a.m. and 10:45-11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Appalachian Dulcimer, Sept. 30, 9 -11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Old-Time Banjo, Sept. 30, 10:30-11:30 a.m. WDVX Blue Plate Special musician Anna Uptain showcases an easy beginner method that requires no musical experience or note-reading.
- Introduction to Smart Trips and Cash for Commuters, presented by Smart Trips, Sept. 30, 9-9:20 a.m., 9:25-9:45 a.m. and 9:50-10:10 a.m.
- Leadership Skills: Motivating Employees, October 7, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Ukrainian Egg Dyeing, October 28, 9-11:30 a.m.
- Smart Cycling Traffic Skills 101, presented by the Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation, October 28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Excel Workshop, November 4, 9-11:30 a.m.
For more information about non-credit courses at Pellissippi State, visit www.pstcc.edu/bcs or call 865-539-7167. To request accommodations for a disability for one of these classes, call 865-539-7401 or email email@example.com.