Pellissippi State Community College invites the community to take part in free lifelong learning classes this spring at Weekend College at the Magnolia Avenue Campus.
Lifelong learning classes are non-credit continuing education courses. Although the classes are free, registration is required at www.pstcc.edu/bcs or by calling 865-539-7167. New classes are available each Saturday from Jan. 27 to April 7.
- Introduction to Ukrainian Egg Dyeing — 10-11:30 a.m., Jan. 27. Artist and instructor Jordan Byrd will demonstrate how she creates pysanky, or Ukrainian Easter eggs, using a wax-resist dye/etching technique on eggshells.
- Handgun Safety — 9:30 a.m.-noon, Feb. 3. State handgun certified officers teach basic handgun safety and how to choose the best handgun to fit your needs.
- Social Media Marketing Bootcamp for Small Business — 9-11:30 a.m., Feb. 10.
- Identified Flying Objects: Drones — 9-11:30 a.m., Feb. 17. FAA-certified pilot Cole Hood discusses how to develop and improve your drone flight skills.
- Welcome to Beginner Mandolin — 10:30-11:30 a.m., Feb. 24. WDVX Blue Plate special musician Anna Uptain showcases an easy beginner class that requires no musical experience.
- Welcome to Basket Making — 9-11:30 a.m., Feb. 24. Appalachian artist Sheri Burns demonstrates an easy basket for beginners.
- Leadership Skills for the 21st Century — 9-11:30 a.m., March 3. Leadership coach Jeff Rowe will introduce key leadership concepts to help you build your business.
- Resume Workshop — 9:30-11 a.m., March 3. Begin or improve a resume with professional guidance.
- Welcome to Beginner Dulcimer — 9-11:30 a.m., March 24. Instructor Rudy Ryan plays the dulcimer, answers questions and demonstrates basic techniques.
- Beginner Cyber Security — 9-11:30 a.m., April 7. Learn basic techniques to keep your personal computer secure, create strong passwords and avoid common phishing scams.
For more information about Weekend College at Pellissippi State, visit www.pstcc.edu/weekend or call 865-694-6400. To request accommodations for a disability at one of these classes, call 865-539-7401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.