Pellissippi State Community College invites students entering college fall 2016 to attend one of the Tennessee Promise informational sessions the college has scheduled throughout September and October.
Tennessee Promise is a last-dollar scholarship and mentoring program that covers tuition and fees for community college students across the state. Although students who will be freshmen in 2016 won’t be eligible to receive funding until they begin school next fall, they should go ahead and apply now. The application deadline for Tennessee Promise is Nov. 2, 2015.
“It’s extremely important that students understand that they must meet this deadline to qualify to receive Tennessee Promise funding,” said Rebecca Ashford, vice president of Student Affairs at Pellissippi State. “If a student misses this deadline, there will not be another opportunity to take advantage of the Promise scholarship.”
The upcoming informational sessions will provide details about program requirements and deadlines, as well as highlight the educational offerings at Pellissippi State. The free sessions are offered at all five Pellissippi State campuses, 6-7 p.m.:
- Sept. 14: Hardin Valley, Goins Building Auditorium
- Sept. 16: Magnolia Avenue, Community Room
- Sept. 22: Strawberry Plains, Lobby
- Sept. 24: Blount County, West Chevrolet Auditorium
- Sept. 28: Hardin Valley, Goins Building Auditorium
- Sept. 30: Division Street, Educational Resources Center
- Oct. 5: Hardin Valley, Goins Building Auditorium
- Oct. 15: Open House — Hardin Valley, Goins Building Auditorium
- Oct. 22: Blount County, West Chevrolet Auditorium
- Oct. 26: Hardin Valley, Goins Building Auditorium
“Tennessee Promise is an excellent opportunity for students throughout the state,” said Leigh Anne Touzeau, assistant vice president of Enrollment Services. “We hope the students in our region will take advantage of this scholarship at Pellissippi State.”
For more information, visit www.pstcc.edu/promise or call (865) 694-6400. To request accommodations for a disability, contact the executive director of Equity and Compliance at (865) 539-7401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this press release: TN Promise Info Sessions 2015