All faculty, staff and students are invited to get their free tickets for an upcoming community concert featuring country singer Morgan Myles. Tickets are available at locations on each campus. The concert begins at 7 p.m., March 18 in the Clayton Performing Arts Center on the Hardin Valley Campus.
Pick up your tickets at these locations:
- The main offices at the Blount County, Division Street, Magnolia Avenue and Strawberry Plains campuses
- Marketing and Communications, Goins 264 on the Hardin Valley Campus
- Community Outreach, Goins 207 on the Hardin Valley Campus
- Student Life, Goins 141 on the Hardin Valley Campus
The concert will also feature a performance by Pellissippi State’s own Hardin Valley Thunder bluegrass ensemble, as well as testimonials from Pellissippi State students.
The concert is being presented by Pellissippi State in partnership with Country Music Television’s Empowering Education initiative. Empowering Education works with colleges to capture student success stories, support local recruitment and foster local economic development.
For more information, visit www.pstcc.edu/concert or call Pat Myers at 865-539-7242.
As faculty and staff at Pellissippi State, be sure to take advantage of the many opportunities — including several new ones — available to you for professional development. Many of these opportunities are completely free.
- Educational Assistance — All TBR employees are eligible for educational assistance, including tuition reimbursement, fee waivers and auditing classes or participating in non-credit courses. Most employees are eligible to enroll in a certain number of credit courses per year with fees waived and/or tuition reimbursed, either at their institution or at another. Employees may also have course fees covered if they choose to audit a class or take a job-related or wellness-related non-credit class. For more information, visit TBR’s website.
- Lynda.com — All Pellissippi State employees and students have 24/7 access to Lynda.com’s 800+ online courses, including exercise files. Lynda offers more than 53,000 video tutorials on technology, business, software and creative skills. More information is available here.
- Microsoft IT Academy — All employees have access to Microsoft IT Academy, an online learning platform for Microsoft products, computer science and IT infrastructure. More than 400 tutorials are available, varying in topic, language and level of difficulty. More information is available here.
- Lorman Education Services — All employees can access webinars, course manuals, white papers and other education materials on a number of topics. For more information, visit lorman.com/training. Employees interested in participating should email Carole Gary, email@example.com, with the name of the course they wish to take.
- Support Staff Council — The Support Staff Council regularly holds informative learning sessions at its quarterly meetings and hosts additional seminars each year, including the recent free financial seminars with local financial advisor David Topor.
- Business and Community Services — BCS offers opportunities for professional development, including computer skills, project management and leadership training, among other topics. Many of these courses could be covered under TBR’s educational assistance program if the course relates to your job. For more information, visit pstcc.edu/bcs.