As part of the update to the 2015-2020 Strategic Plan, the Strategic Planning Committee has worked to revise the College’s mission statement and to develop the features of the mission.
Please take time to review the proposed new mission statement and mission features (below), providing comments and suggestions to Nancy Ramsey, email@example.com, by Nov. 13. The comments will be collected and reviewed by the Strategic Planning Committee on Nov. 17.
Pellissippi State Community College: a transformative environment fostering the academic, societal, economic, and cultural enrichment of the individual and the community.
Features of Our Mission
To fulfill its mission, Pellissippi State offers students the opportunity to earn the following credentials:
- Associate’s degrees and certificates that lead to employment in a variety of career fields
- Associate’s degrees, courses, programs, pathways, and partnerships that prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate-level colleges and universities
Our mission is guided by our commitment to the following values:
- Academic Integrity
- Community and Civic Engagement
In support of these values, we offer the following programs and services:
- Academic Support Services
- Arts and Cultural Events
- Early College Initiatives
- Non-credit Classes
- Student Support Services
- Study Abroad
- Sustainable Campus Initiative
- Technology-enhanced Course Delivery
- Veterans’ Support and Programming
- Workforce Development