As faculty and staff at Pellissippi State, be sure to take advantage of the many opportunities — including several new ones — available to you for professional development. Many of these opportunities are completely free.
- Educational Assistance — All TBR employees are eligible for educational assistance, including tuition reimbursement, fee waivers and auditing classes or participating in non-credit courses. Most employees are eligible to enroll in a certain number of credit courses per year with fees waived and/or tuition reimbursed, either at their institution or at another. Employees may also have course fees covered if they choose to audit a class or take a job-related or wellness-related non-credit class. For more information, visit TBR’s website.
- Lynda.com — All Pellissippi State employees and students have 24/7 access to Lynda.com’s 800+ online courses, including exercise files. Lynda offers more than 53,000 video tutorials on technology, business, software and creative skills. More information is available here.
- Microsoft IT Academy — All employees have access to Microsoft IT Academy, an online learning platform for Microsoft products, computer science and IT infrastructure. More than 400 tutorials are available, varying in topic, language and level of difficulty. More information is available here.
- Lorman Education Services — All employees can access webinars, course manuals, white papers and other education materials on a number of topics. For more information, visit lorman.com/training. Employees interested in participating should email Carole Gary, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the course they wish to take.
- Support Staff Council — The Support Staff Council regularly holds informative learning sessions at its quarterly meetings and hosts additional seminars each year, including the recent free financial seminars with local financial advisor David Topor.
- Business and Community Services — BCS offers opportunities for professional development, including computer skills, project management and leadership training, among other topics. Many of these courses could be covered under TBR’s educational assistance program if the course relates to your job. For more information, visit pstcc.edu/bcs.