Your Math Tutoring Session
Tips for success with a Math Tutor:
- Read the section and chapter before you come to the tutoring session.
- Bring past quizzes or tests with you.
- Try to solve some of the problems before you arrive. Save your work.
- Have some questions in mind when you arrive.
- The best time for a tutoring session is early in the semester when you first have questions.
What to expect:
- If no one is waiting, you can spend as much time as you need with a math tutor. If the tutor is occupied with another student, expect a 5-15 minute wait.
- If other students are working on the same section/charter as you, the tutor may work with a small group (2-3 people).
- A courteous, professional and knowledgeable tutor will assist you. in some cases, student tutors who have the completed the same course at Pellissippi State will be available.
- Tutors can provide additional understanding of concepts or ideas.
What not to expect:
- A grading service.
- A quick fix.
- Homework done by the tutor.
- To understand a semester's worth of work on the day before the final.