Students are officially enrolled when all assessed fees have been paid. Cash, checks, credit cards, federal financial aid and commitments from outside agencies are accepted. Students must officially confirm attendance even if financial aid pays all fees and must have a zero balance due or the student is not enrolled. Pellissippi State offers a deferred payment program. Students enrolling in this program are officially enrolled when the initial minimum payment due has been paid.
Credit will be granted only for courses in which the student is officially registered. Students who are officially registered for a class they do not attend or who stop attending and do not officially drop or withdraw from the class will receive an F for the course. Following any change in registration, it is the student’s responsibility to check the change(s) for accuracy of the revised schedule.
Students may be placed on the hold list for registration if any of the following applies:
- They owe fees or other charges to the Business Office.
- They are on academic suspension.
- They owe reimbursement to the financial aid program.
- They fail to submit all required admission documents.
- They fail to complete a loan exit interview.
- They have overdue library books or materials.
- They owe traffic fines.
- They are subject to previous disciplinary action taken by Pellissippi State. The proper action must be taken as indicated, or the vice president of Student Affairs should be contacted for further information before a student can be considered for readmission.