Non-credit Information and Policies
Five ways to register:
- Register on the Web: www.pstcc.edu/bcs.
- Phone (865) 539-7167 or 539-7166, and talk with one of the continuing education registrars. Make payment with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.
- Visit during office hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Pellissippi Campus, Room 108, Lamar Alexander Building.
- Mail a completed Non-credit Course Registration Form with check or money order to Pellissippi State, P.O. Box 22990, Knoxville, TN 37933-0990, Attention: Business and Community Services Registration.
- With credit card payment, the completed Non-credit Course Registration Form may be faxed to the Business and Community Services main office at (865) 694-6583.
Fees. All enrollment fees must be paid before the beginning of class. The fee amount for each class or course is stated with the information regarding each of the offerings. Fees vary in accordance with the costs incurred in the delivery of the course, such as instructor, materials and facilities costs. Unlike credit courses, no tax dollars are used to support non-credit programs. Non-credit courses are sustained by participant or contract revenues only; therefore, class enrollment must meet the minimum number of participants required to cover expenses. State employee, senior citizen and disabled fee waiver policies do not apply to non-credit programs. Payment can be made by cash, check, money order, Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover. Pellissippi State employees are eligible to take non-credit classes through a budget transfer process.
Closing Dates. The closing date for registration is two working days before the start of the class unless otherwise stated. Registration after this date cannot be guaranteed. Class space is limited and many classes fill before the closing date. Early registration with payment will ensure enrollment.
Cancellations/Postponements. Classes may be canceled for lack of minimum enrollment. In the event a class is canceled by the College for any reason, an effort will be made to notify each student registered for the class, provided work and home telephone numbers are given on the Non-credit Course Registration Form
If for any reason the instructor must postpone or reschedule a class session, the Business and Community Services Office will notify the students. In all instances of postponement, the instructor is responsible for arranging makeup classes.
Holidays. Non-credit programs adhere to the College holiday schedule.
Refunds. Money will be refunded ONLY if the class is canceled by the College or upon notification of the student’s intent to withdraw two working days prior to the starting date of each class. NO REFUNDS can be made after these dates because classes are started on the basis of full enrollment and payment of accompanying fees. Students may appeal a refund by submitting a written request outlining the basis for the appeal to the executive director of Business and Community Services.
Parking. Non-credit students can park on campus in any Open parking area