Transfer/University Parallel Programs
- University Parallel Guarantee
- Tennessee Transfer Pathways
- Articulation/Transfer Agreements
- General Associate’s Degrees
- TBR General Education Core and Transferability of Courses Among TBR Institutions
- General Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Program Requirements
- Associate of Science in Teaching Program Requirements
- University Connection
- Regents Online Degree Programs
Students planning to earn a baccalaureate degree at a four-year college or university may complete the first two years at Pellissippi State by earning either the Associate of Arts or the Associate of Science degree, each requiring a minimum of 60 semester hours. A broad selection of courses is offered that will transfer to four-year institutions. “University Parallel” program requirements are specified by
- Tennessee Transfer Pathways. More than 50 pathways for seamless transfer of Associate of Arts and Associate of Science graduates in particular majors to Tennessee public colleges and universities.
- Articulation/transfer agreements. Prescribed curricula developed cooperatively by Pellissippi State and four-year colleges and universities.
- General associate’s degree requirements. Programs designed with the flexibility to allow the student to select courses that parallel the requirements of the four-year institution to which he/she intends to transfer.
University Parallel core curriculum requirements are applicable to associate’s degrees earned by completing the requirements of a Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP), an articulation agreement or a general associate’s degree. Academic advisors are available for all University Parallel students. Prior to registering each semester, the student is expected to consult with an advisor to review the student’s academic plan and select courses for the upcoming semester. The Advising and Curriculum Office coordinates transfer student advisement and inter-institutional articulation.