The purpose of the Pellissippi State Career Counseling Center is to:
- Equip students with the tools, strategies, skills and knowledge to develop life-long career development & job search skills.
- Empower students to choose and attain personally rewarding careers.
Counselors will assist you with career exploration tasks such as deciding on a major, researching career options, or making a career change.
Counselors utilize many resources to help students with the process of career decision-making and planning. These resources include interest and skill assessments, computerized career planning assistance, and individual career counseling.
Career exploration is not the same as searching for a job. When you are searching for a job, you are looking for current job openings and availabilities. Career exploration is a process of choosing education, training, and jobs that fit your interests and skills.
Students may schedule appointments for career counseling by contacting the Counseling Office on any of the college's campuses.
Our counseling staff will assist you to discover your career options and help you map out a plan of action through:
- Assessment: Learning about Yourself and Identifying Your Skills
- Learn About Career Options: Career Exploration
- Linking Your College Major and Your Career: My Direction
Resources for employment opportunities and preparation for entering the workforce; resume writing, mock job interviews, job etiquette and additional information may be found at the Placement Office.