French at Pellissippi State
FRENCH 1010 & FRENCH 1020:
satisfy high school language requirements
FRENCH 2010 & FRENCH 2020:
satisfy college foreign language requirements
Note: FRENCH 2020 is available in a video format which includes French films
Find out more about French classes in the Pellissippi State catalog.
The French Film Festival is held at Pellissippi State in November.
An Exchange Program with the Institut Universite de Caen, France, is in April-May.
The Outstanding French Award is given to a French student each May.
Ten Reasons to Learn French
- Speaking French will increase your job opportunities and salary potential.
- Knowing French will improve your vocabulary in English.
- Because French is the language of culture, it will enable you to understand terms used in literature, art, music, dance, fashion, cuisine, and cinema.
- Proficiency in French will significantly improve your chances of being accepted to the university. It is often a required language in graduate school.
- Knowing French will allow you not only to function but to compete effectively in the global economy of the future. It is the language often used in international negotiation.
- Studying French increases your appreciation of other people and their cultures.
- French opens up an entire world of sporting events to enthusiasts. French terms are used in many sports.
- Learning a new language like French develops your critical and creative thinking skills.
- Using French enhances your travel abroad to Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, and Africa.
- The study of French can help you become an educated, cosmopolitan member of society. It is the language of etiquette and diplomacy.
We offer articulation agreements with a number of universities and colleges.
For more information, e-mail Joan Easterly at email@example.com.