|Pellissippi State Home > Grant Development > The Seven Steps
Grant Procedures: The Seven Step Process
Step 1: Develop Grant Project Idea Grant Interest Form
- Develops the project idea through discussions with Department Dean and Grant Development Specialist to obtain support for processing the Grant Interest Form.
- Completes and submits the Grant Interest Form to the Grant Development Specialist.
Step 2: Compose Project Concept (Project Concept and Signature Approval Form)
- Submits an overview of the project concept and activities that addresses essential information required by the funding source and the College.
- Obtains the required signature from the Department Head for authorizing further pursuit of grant proposal.
- Grant Development Specialist and Review Team evaluate the Project Concept and Signature Approval Form to approve or disapprove further pursuit.
Step 3: Prepare Grant Proposal Contents
Principal Investigator in collaboration with Grant Development Specialist:
- Reviews funding source solicitation and submission requirements.
- Creates proposal time line.
- Prepares project content for budget development.
Step 4: Finalize Proposal and Obtain Signature Approvals
Grant Development Specialist:
- Reviews the final grant proposal and budget draft.
- Confirms that funding source proposal solicitation requirements and signature approvals are met.
- Forwards the final grant proposal and budget to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning for final signature approval(s).
Step 5: Submit Grant Proposal to Funding Source
- Grant Development Specialist submits via electronic or other means the final authorized copy of the grant proposal and budget to the funding source.
- Principal Investigator collaborates with the Grant Development Specialist by providing required project information for the electronic submission process.
Step 6: Announce Grant Proposal Award Status
- Upon receiving formal notification from the funding source of an award status, the President will make award announcement.
- When a grant is not awarded, the Grant Development Specialist will obtain a copy of the funding source reviewers’ comments to share with the Principal Investigator.
Step 7: Implement and Manage Grant Activities
- Administers grant including implementation, management of activities, participant tracking, budget, and preparation of all required reports.
- Prepares and forwards annual report and other required reports to the Grant Development Specialist.