Dual Enrollment Grant
The dual enrollment grant is one of the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarships. The grant provides grant funding for dual enrollment tuition and fees. The link above will take you directly to the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) web site where students can apply for the dual enrollment grant online. Only juniors and seniors are eligible, and they must meet the eligibility requirements outlined here (for the first class). For details regarding eligibility requirements for a second class (per semester), please follow this link.
The grant can pay the full cost of tuition and fees for eligible students' first two dual enrollment courses at a community college, up to $500 per course. Students can use the TSAC Dual Enrollment Grant for up to two (2) courses a semester. The maximum award amount for eligible dual enrollment students shall not exceed $1,200 per academic year.
Dual Enrollment Grant funding available for each community college course a student takes:
- First course: $500 (no gap cost)
- Second course: $500 (no gap cost)
- Third course: $200 ($300 gap cost)
- Fourth course: $0 ($500 gap cost)
Funding is borrowed from the student's HOPE Scholarship after the fourth dual enrollment course
- Fifth course: $300 ($200 gap cost)
- Sixth course: $300 ($200 gap cost)
- Seventh course: $300 ($200 gap cost)
- Eighth course: $300 ($200 gap cost)
Keep in mind the following as you complete the Dual Enrollment Grant application process:
* Write down your username, password and the answers to your security questions.
* You must re-apply for the grant each semester.
* Once you have created a TSAC account you must log back in and then complete the actual grant application for the appropriate semester.
* If you do not apply by the Pellissippi State priority deadline (which will differ from the official TSAC deadline) you may be required to pay for your classes in advance and be reimbursed.
* Keep a copy of the confirmation page at the end of the application for your records.
To be eligible for the grant you must:
1. Apply no later than the TSAC deadline.
2. Select Pellissippi State as your college on the dual enrollment grant application.
3. Maintain a 2.75 GPA for all college courses.
4. Meet Pellissippi State eligibility requirements for the course you wish to take (see Dual Enrollment home page for details).
For questions concerning your TSAC account, you may reach a TSAC call center representative at 1-800-342-1663.