Dual Enrollment Grant
The dual enrollment grant is one of the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarships. The link above will take you directly to the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) web site where students can apply for the dual enrollment grant online. Only juniors and seniors are eligible, and they must meet the eligibility requirements as outlined on the main page of Pellissippi's dual enrollment webpage.
Students should complete the Dual Enrollment Grant application before the beginning EACH semester in which students will be enrolled at Pellissippi. Information on grant eligibility and participation requirements is available here on the Tennessee Student Assistance Cooperation website. Students should apply for both the fall and spring dual enrollment grants even if they are not planning on attending both semesters.
The grant can pay the full cost of tuition for eligible students’ first two, three credit hour classes taken as a dual enrollment student, up to $500 per course. Students can use the TSAC Dual Enrollment Grant for up to two three credit hour courses a semester. The maximum award amount for eligible dual enrollment students shall not exceed $1,200 per academic year.
Dual Enrollment Grant funding available for each community college course a student takes:
- First three-credit hour course: $500 (no tuition balance for most courses)
- Second three-credit hour course: $500 (no tuition balance for most courses)
- Third three-credit hour course: $200 (students would owe a $300 tuition balance)
- Fourth three-credit hour course: $0 (students would owe a $500 tuition balance)
Funding is borrowed from the student's HOPE Scholarship after the fourth dual enrollment course
- Fifth three-credit hour course: $300 (students would owe a $200 tuition balance)
- Sixth three-credit hour course: $300 (students would owe a $200 tuition balance)
- Seventh three-credit hour course: $300 (students would owe a $200 tuition balance)
- Eighth three-credit hour course: $300 (students would owe a $200 tuition balance)
Keep in mind the following as you complete the Dual Enrollment Grant application process:
* Write down your username, password and the answers to your security questions.
* You must re-apply for the grant each semester.
* Once you have created a TSAC account you must log back in and then complete the actual grant application for the appropriate semester.
* If you do not apply by the Pellissippi State priority deadline (which will differ from the official TSAC deadline) you may be required to pay for your classes in advance and be reimbursed.
* Keep a copy of the confirmation page at the end of the application for your records.
To be eligible for the grant you must:
1. Apply no later than the TSAC deadline.
2. Select Pellissippi State as your college on the dual enrollment grant application.
3. Maintain a 2.75 GPA for all college courses.
4. Meet Pellissippi State eligibility requirements for the course you wish to take (see Dual Enrollment home page for details).
For questions concerning your TSAC account, you may reach a TSAC call center representative at 1-800-342-1663.