Carol Luther, Ph.D.
Fall 2016 schedule
- ENGL 0920 - Composition Processes
- ENGL 1010 - English Composition I
- ENGL 1020 - English Composition II
- ENGL 2110 - Early American Literature
- ENGL 2120 - Modern American Literature
- ENGL 2210 - Early British Literature
- ENGL 2220 - Modern British Literature
- ENGL 2310 - Early World Literature
- ENGL 2320 - Modern World Literature
- ENGL 2810 - Introduction to Film Studies
- Ph.D., English, Emory University, 1989
Thesis: "Mutability and the Moment in the Poetry of Emily Dickinson"
- M.A., English, Vanderbilt University
Thesis: "The Function of Quentin Compson as the Narrator of The Sound and the Fury"
- B.A., English, Emory and Henry College
The teacher fills the mug with water, but the student has to put the mug in the microwave and turn on the power.
- "What She Didn't Do" [short story]. Still: The Journal, issue 20, Winter 2016, http://www.stilljournal.net/archives.php
- “Brains. Beauty. Bravest” [short story]. The Notebook: A Progressive Journal about Women & Girls with Rural & Small Town Roots, no. 3, Fall 2014, pp. 32-36.
- “Unmasking the Unfamiliar: Antigone as a Bridge to Wole Soyinka’s Death and the King’s Horseman.” TYCA-Southeast Journal, vol 47. no.1, Spring 2014, pp. 13-18.
- “Western Voices: Western World Literature in a Learning Community.” Teaching World Literature, edited by David Damrosch, Options for Teaching Series, MLA, 2009, pp. 137-44.
- "Exploding Radish Injures Six!", Breathing the Same Air: An East Tennessee Anthology, 2001