Pellissippi State Hardin Valley Campus
Exterior of Goins Building
Pellissippi State aerial view

Tax Information: 1098T

General Information

Pellissippi State Community College releases 1098-T forms each year before January 31. Once the 1098-T data has been processed, the form information is available on the student's myPellissippi account.  For those students who have not consented to an electronic 1098-T form the 1098-T is mailed to the student's permanent home address.

Per IRS regulations, Pellissippi State provides the total amount of payments posted to the student account up to the total amount of qualified educational expenses billed for the tax year in Box 1. We report the total assistance received (financial aid, third party, etc.) for the tax year in Box 5. Students can access their student account on myPellissippi or their personal receipts/documents for more information regarding the total amount paid and charged by the institution.

How do I access the 1098-T form on myPellissippi?

  1. Log into your myPellissippi account
  2. Locate the Your Account box
  3. Select Your Tax Information
  4. Enter Tax Year and Submit

Please go to if you need assistance logging in. If problems continue, contact the helpdesk by e-mailing or call (865)694-6537.

Why did I not receive a 1098-T form?

The IRS instructions state that educational institutions are not required to furnish 1098-T forms for:

  • Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program
  • Nonresident alien students, unless requested by the student
  • Students whose qualified educational expenses are entirely waived or paid with financial aid, scholarships or third party assistance

You may have not received a 1098-T form from Pellissippi State if:

  • You consented to receive the form electronically only
  • We have an incorrect permanent address on file
  • We do not have a Social Security Number on file

You would not receive a 1098-T form from Pellissippi State for the current year if you did not make any payments for qualified educational expenses in the tax year.

1098-T forms may also be picked up at the Cashier's Office with a photo id.

For more information regarding the 1098-T form and the tax credits and deductions that may be available for higher education expenses, please visit the IRS website at