Setting Up an Authorized User
Students may give others (parents, guardians, employers, etc.) the ability to access their account information through Self-Service. Authorized users may view student account balances and make payments.
- In compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), student financial records may not be shared with any third party without the written consent of the student. By adding an authorized user in Self-Service, the student gives written consent for another party to access and make payments on their behalf.
- Authorized users DO NOT have access to stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information.
- Authorized users will receive email notification when their account has been established.
- Students may add/remove/update users at any time Online.
What will enrollment as an authorized user do for you?
- You will have a separate log-in, username and password
- You can make payments on your student's account
- You can save credit card or bank information for faster payment of future bills
- You can view detailed account activity
- You will receive emails when new billing statements are available
- You can view billing statements
- You can sign up to receive text alerts when a new statement/bill is issued
- You can view and print your student's 1098-T statement
- You can switch between multiple students if more than one student has set you up as an authorized user
STUDENTS MUST SET UP THEIR AUTHORIZED USERS BEFORE ADDITIONAL USER(S) CAN MAKE PAYMENT(S)
STUDENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR “ADDING AUTHORIZED USERS”
- Log into myPellissippi
- Click on Student Tab
- Click on Student Academic Services
- Click on Student Account
- Click on Account Management Center
- From the Home Page of the Student Account Suite, click on “Authorized Users” tab. The student will see a statement noting the above FERPA information. Click on “Add an Authorized User” button.
- Enter the authorized person’s email address and select the information the student will allow that person to have access to Click “Add User”.
- An agreement page will appear explaining the access. Click on “I Agree”.
- The next screen will give the following message to the student:
"Thank you. We have sent an e-mail to this person. Instructions on how to log in and view your billing and payment plan information will be sent via email to an authorized user. This person will log in using the e-mail address you provided.” (Note: If the e-mail delivery fails for some reason, a notification may be sent to the student e-mail address on record.)
Example of the Email sent to your Authorized User(s):
This is an automated message to inform you that the student listed below has granted you access to his or her online billing information. You now have the ability to make payments on behalf of this student and more.
Student Name---[student name here]
Username---[Your new authorized user’s email here]
Password---[the password you selected here]
See Authorized Users Access Procedures below:
- Authorized Users will use their email address and password in the “Authorized Users” box. First time users will use their email address and the password from the login instructions that were emailed to them. Click “Log-In”.
- First time users will be taken to a “Profile Setup” page to change their password, enter an alternate email and full name, etc. Click “Continue” to proceed to the Welcome Page.
- If an authorized user is selected by one or more students, the first screen to appear will be the “Select Student” screen to select a student or you may select the “Pay All” button.
- Depending on what access has been given, an authorized user may or may not view billing statements or payment history. Authorized users may make payments, view and select a payment plan, view previous payments they have made change their profile or view other students who have set them up as an authorized user.
AUTHORIZED USERS ACCESS PROCEDURE
If an Authorized User forgets their password, they may click to view their password hint or have their password sent via email.
Click Here for Authorized Users link