General Travel Information
- A Request for Travel Approval form must be completed to obtain authorization for an employee to travel. The request form must be processed before the travel begins.
- A Claim for Travel Expenses form must be submitted within thirty (30) days after the travel is completed. This form allows reimbursement to the employee of all allowable expenses. A memo of explanation for the delay must accompany all claim forms submitted after 30 days of the travel.
- All request forms must be completed in ink or typed, signed by the employee, the financial manager, President's Staff member, and the president and forwarded to the Accounts Payable office. All claim forms must be completed in ink or typed, signed by the employee and budgetary official or supervisor and forwarded to the Accounts Payable office. For questions, call 694-6614 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Once the request or claim form is received by Accounts Payable, allow four (4) working days to process the check. Pellissippi State produces checks twice per week; on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Full-time faculty may request travel reimbursement for mileage assessed during required travel to teach at multiple sites in the same day. Travel Claim Forms are to be submitted within thirty (30) days after the end of each semester. Part-time faculty are not eligible for travel reimbursement.
Please review the travel processing procedures for additional information.