Pellissippi State Hardin Valley Campus
Exterior of Goins Building
Pellissippi State aerial view

Accounts Payable

Contact Us

10915 Hardin Valley Rd
PO Box 22990
Knoxville, TN 37933-0990
Goins Bldg, Room 223

Travel Frequently Asked Questions

How do I process a travel request or travel claim?

What documentation is required with a travel request?

  • Any available literature regarding the activity, such as a conference brochure indicating room rates and registration information should be submitted with the travel request.

Who must approve my travel request?

  • The requestor's administrator and/or the financial manager of the account being charged and the appropriate vice president.

How will I know if my travel request is approved?

  • The travel clerk will notify you by email once the approval process is complete.

Who makes the travel arrangements?

  • The employee is responsible for making all necessary travel arrangements. The contracted travel agency is available to assist you. 

Who is our travel agency and how do I contact them?

  • The contracted travel agency is Travelennium.  Barbara Bullington is our contact and can be reached at 800-844-4924 ext 363 from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm CST. 

How do I reserve a state vehicle?

  • All state vehicles are reserved through the Motor Pool office located in PH102.
  • To reserve a vehicle complete the State Vehicle Request form. Please provide the beginning and ending date of travel and the destination.
  • Motor Pool will email confirmation that a vehicle has been reserved for you if a vehicle is available.
  • If a vehicle is not available you will receive a non-availability statement to attach to your travel request.
  • For a more detailed explanation on state vehicle usage, please refer to 07:02:00 Motor Vehicle Use.

Will Pellissippi State prepay any travel expenses?

  • Pellissippi State will prepay the conference registration fee when requested by the employee.

Is a travel advance available for required travel?

  • Employees are not eligible for an advance.
  • Students traveling under individual authorization may be advanced 100 percent of the amount authorized. The Request for Travel Approval form must be received in the Accounts Payable office four (4) working days before the advance is needed. The request for advance must be noted on the Request for Travel form.

When should I file my travel reimbursement request?

  • Support staff and Administrators: Travel claims must be filed within 30 day of travel. Claims not submitted within 30 days must have a written explanation for the delay.

    Full-time Faculty: As a faculty member you have two options for filing your travel. You can file monthly or by semester.
  • If you choose to file monthly, your claim must be filed within 30 days of the first date claimed. You should also try to file from the first day to the last day of the month.
  • If you file by semester, you must file within 30 days from the last day of the semester.

What receipts are required for travel reimbursement?

  • Local Travel:
    A receipt is required for local parking and airport parking regardless of the amount claimed.
    Receipts are required for lodging, telephone/fax charges that are business related.
  • Maximum parking fees of $8 per day are allowed without a receipt.
  • Shuttle service, limousine service or taxi fares are reimbursable up to $25 without a receipt: for reimbursement greater than $25 a receipt is required.
  • When shuttle service rates are printed in the conference brochure reimbursement will be made at the listed rate.
  • Airport parking is reimbursable at the economy rate only and a receipt is required regardless of the amount claimed.
  • Baggage fees are reimbursable and a receipt is required regardless of the amount.

Will I be reimbursed for personal expenses and tips?

  • Only business related expenses are reimbursable. Reimbursement of incidentals and tips are included in the per diem rates.

Is rental car reimbursement available?

  • Automobile rental is allowed if it is the only practical and economical means of transportation. Automobile rental must be approved in advance.

Who must approve my travel reimbursement claim?

  • The financial manager or employee's administrator must approve travel reimbursement.

What is the mileage reimbursement rate?

  • The current mileage reimbursement rate is .47 per mile.

How much can I claim for meals?

  • For in-state meal allowances please refer to Pellissippi State Travel Procedures
  • Out-of-state allowance for meals is calculated using rates set by the US General Services Administration and the destination of travel. The CONUS list is available on the General Services Administration web site.
  • Overnight stay is required for meal reimbursement.
  • Reimbursement for the day of departure and the day of return shall be seventy-five percent (75%) of the allowable rate.

How much can I claim for lodging?