Accounts Receivable General Information
- Pellissippi State Community College has a procedure for collecting receivables from all persons including students and employees.
- Collection efforts begin no later than thirty days after the obligation has been incurred.
- A minimum of three billings or letters of contact will be sent at thirty-day intervals once an account becomes delinquent.
- Accounts are classified as defaulted when all collection efforts have failed to produce payment. These accounts may be submitted to an outside collection agency for further collection efforts.
- A student must pay any past due debts and obligations incurred in prior academic terms before being permitted to register for future terms.
- No grade reports, certificates of credit, diplomas or transcripts will be issued to any student with any unpaid or delinquent debt or obligation owed.
- Employees may have outstanding balances paid with payroll deduction by signing an authorization form.