Financial Aid Announcements
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
- Knoxville Area Urban League Minority Scholarship Program
- MTSU Transfer Scholarship
- Tennessee Transfer Associates Scholarship (UTK)
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants scholarship (deadline: May 31)
What's New For 2013-2014?
Interest Rates for Direct Loans (Effective July 1, 2013)
Unless Congress takes action, the interest rates for Direct Loans disbursed between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 will increase to 6.8%.
150% Subsidized Loan Limitation (Effective July 1, 2013)
Congress has approved a new 150% limit on Subsidized Direct Loans. Federal Direct Loan borrowers taking their first loan on or after July 1, 2013 may qualify for a subsidized Direct Loan for a maximum of 150% of the length of their academic program. Students will be limited to receiving subsidized loans for 3 years in a 2 year program or 6 years in a 4 year program. Additionally, borrowers who reach the 150% limitation will have their interest subsidy end for all outstanding subsidized loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2013. Further information will be provided once the Department of Education determines how this provision will be implemented.