Occasionally students may want to take classes at Pellissippi State during a term while maintaining enrollment at another university and have the credit hours earned at PSCC transferred back to their home university for degree credit.
A consortium agreement is a contract between two colleges/universities that recognize the registration of a student at each site for financial aid and Credit transfer purposes. The consortium agreement certifies that only one of the two colleges/universities will administer Title IV financial aid for the student. The consortium agreement refers to the two colleges/universities as the “Home School” and the “Host School.” The “Home School” is the school where the student is fully admitted and from which he/she will get a degree. The “Host School” (Pellissippi State) is where the student temporarily takes approved courses and transfers the credits back to his/her “Home School” to help complete their degree. The consortium agreement certifies that only one of the two colleges/universities will administer Title IV financial aid for the student. Financial Aid is administered by the “Home School” to cover the tuition and fees incurred at both the Home and Host Schools. Pellissippi State is never the "Home School.” The Student will be responsible for payment of PSCC Tuition and fees by all PSCC deadlines regardless of when their Home School disbursed their Financial Aid.
To begin the consortium agreement process, please contact your Home School’s Financial Aid office or refer to their website. All specific financial aid questions should be directed to your Home School's Financial Aid office.
HOPE Lottery Scholarship Consortium Agreement.
A student, who wants to attend PSCC for a term without being enrolled in classes at their HOME institution AND is currently eligible for a TN State Hope Lottery Scholarship, may also have their Hope Scholarship transferred to PSCC for a term under a TN HOPE Lottery Scholarship Consortium Agreement. PSCC will request the Hope disbursement under this agreement for that term specified in the consortium agreement only.
Steps for completing a Hope Lottery consortium agreement.
- Print the HOPE Lottery Consortium Agreement by clicking here from PSCC website, TSAC website forms or get from Home institution
- Complete the form with the classes that have been approved for Credit by the Home Institution. You must be enrolled at least 6 credit hours at PSCC.
- Sign the HOPE Lottery Consortium agreement and take to your Home institution's Financial Aid office.
- Go to the TSAC Student Portal and change the school on your account to PSCC for current term (note: you may have to change back to your Home institution when the PSCC term is complete).
- The Hope Scholarship is dependent on GPA and Attempted hours. Your Home school will need your previous semester's grades and attempted hours to complete the form and determine your HOPE Lottery eligibility. This information will not be available before PSCC's semester begins so we will not know if you are even HOPE Lottery eligible till we get the completed form from your Home School.
- The HOPE Scholarship will be paid at the community college rate of a maximum of $1000 per term for full time enrollment. Transient students will need to pay PSCC fees and tuition by the PSCC Cashier’s Office term due dates to avoid deletion of their class schedule.