Hope (Lottery) Scholarship (TELS)
To retain your award...
- Student’s cannot change enrollment status within the semester and receive the scholarship for the succeeding semester. Student’s enrollment status (full-time or part-time) is determined as of the census date (14th day). If enrollment status changes, the student will lose the scholarship award forever. For extenuating circumstances, click here to view or print an appeal form.
- Student must be continuously enrolled to maintain eligibility. This excludes the summer semester. Students who do not maintain continuous enrollment will lose the scholarship award forever. For extenuating circumstances, click here to view or print an appeal form.
- GPA requirements: At 24 and 48 attempted hours the student must have a cumulative 2.75 GPA. At 72 and 96 attempted hours the student must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. If the student does not meet this, they can regain the award at the next benchmark if they meet the GPA requirement. Meeting the GPA requirement is the only way to regain the scholarship as the GPA requirement is not appealable.
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) Consortium Agreement Between Eligible Postsecondary Institutions:
Steps for completing Hope Lottery Consortium Agreement
- The student obtains the TELS Consortium form from either the Home Institution or the Host institution. The Consortium Agreement form is located at: http://www.pstcc.edu/financial_aid/_files/pdf/TELS_consortium.pdf
- After the student gets courses approved by their Home institution advisor the student writes them on the consortium form. The student must sign the consortium form.
- The student submits the TELS Consortium form to their Home Institution Financial Aid office for them to complete the required TELS eligibility information regarding attempted hours and GPA.
- The Home institution Financial Aid office signs the form and faxes it to the PSCC Financial Aid office. We will not accept a form directly from the student.
- The student logs into the TSAC portal and changes the school for the HOPE for the 13-14 year to PSCC. http://www.tn.gov/TSACstudentportal
- Upon receipt of the faxed TELS Consortium form, PSCC processes the student’s HOPE and adds the Hope award to the student’s PSCC Financial Aid account.
- Transient students will need to pay fees and tuition (by the cashier’s due dates) to avoid deletion of their class schedule.
HOPE (Lottery) Scholarships
The Hope Scholarship, also known as the Lottery Scholarship, is funded by the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) Program.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a Tennessee resident one year prior to the application deadline; Sept.1 for Fall or Feb. 1 for Spring and Summer. (FAFSA)
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://fafsa.ed.gov/ .
- Enroll in an eligible postsecondary institution within 16 months following graduation from a Tennessee high school or completion of a Tennessee homeschool or GED program.
- Entering freshmen must have a minimum of a 21 ACT, OR a final, cumulative weighted 3.0 grade point average (GPA) if graduating from an eligible public or category 1,2, or 3 private high school.
- TN homeschool and non-category 1, 2, or 3 private high school graduates must have ACT test scores stated above AND must have been enrolled in a homeschool program for 1 year immediately preceding graduation, and be registered with a TN local school district.
- GED students must have minimum ACT test scores of 21 or above AND an average score of at least 525 on the GED test.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hours.
- Never drop a course without talking to your financial aid office about how it may impact your lottery scholarship eligibility.
- Award amounts for part-time enrollment will be prorated based on attempted hours.
TN HOPE Lottery Deadlines
Fall semester: September 1
Spring or Summer semesters: February 1
How to Change Your Lottery School:
- Log into the TSAC portal and change your # 1 school for the HOPE to PSCC. (012693)
- Once you have done this, fill out the Lottery Review Request. (TN HOPE Lottery Account Review Request) on PSCC web site at: https://ps15.pstcc.edu/forms/fa/hope/request_start.php
To apply for the TN Hope Lottery:
- Complete The FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ and have the information sent to Pellissippi State.
- Make PSCC Your #1 School: Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the FIRST school code listed on your FAFSA to have your lottery scholarship money sent to Pellissippi State.
- Request High School Transcript (New Students): Have your high school send Pellissippi State a copy of your final transcript. We cannot award lottery based on a partial transcript.
First HOPE Scholarship in Fall 2009 or After:
- Up to $3,000 per year at an eligible two-year post-secondary institution.
- Up to $6,000 per year at an eligible four-year post-secondary institution.
- All awards are divided equally between fall, spring, and summer semesters. Awards to part-time enrolled students are prorated.
HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Sept. 1 for Fall or Feb. 1 for Spring or Summer.
- Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the first school code listed on your FAFSA.
- Be a Tennessee resident for 1 year prior to application deadline.
- Minimum of 25 years of age and students (and spouse's) adjusted gross income must be $36,000 or less and MUST be an entering freshman and not have been enrolled in a postsecondary institution for at least 2 years.
- After a student attempts 12 semester hours without the HOPE scholarship and achieves a minimum 2.75 GPA at a HOPE eligible postsecondary institution, student will then be awarded the HOPE scholarship for the next semester as long as Summer semester is not the first awarding semester.
- All academic transcripts must be evaluated through the Admission's Office.
Check Your Award Status For The Next Aid Year:
Beginning in mid-July, use the student service pages (myPellissippi) to review your financial aid awards for the upcoming school year.
General Assembly Merit Scholarship (GAMS):
- Up to $500.00 per semester supplement to the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship
- Entering freshmen graduating from eligible public or private high school must have at least a final cumulative weighted 3.75 GPA AND 29 ACT score
- Homeschool and private high school graduates must have 21 on the ACT AND enroll in 4 or more courses totaling at least 12 semester hours with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at an eligible postsecondary institution while enrolled in a homeschool program.
- Students may receive ASPIRE or GAMS, but not both.
- For more information, visit the GAMS website.
- Up to $750.00 per semester supplement to the HOPE Scholarship.
- Meet Tennessee Hope Scholarship requirements AND parents’ or independent student’s (and spouse’s) adjusted gross income must be $36,000 or less on tax form
- Students may receive ASPIRE or GAMS, but not both
- For more information, visit the Aspire Award website.
- Up to $875.00 per semester at a 2 year institution.
- Up to $1375.00 per semester at a 4 year institution.
- Entering freshmen graduating from eligible public or private high schools must have at least a final cumulative weighted 2.75-2.99 GPA AND 18, 19, or 20 ACT score AND parents’ or independent students (and spouse’s) adjusted gross income must be $36,000 or less on tax form.
- Award is non-renewable after 24 attempted hours, however student may become HOPE eligible; contact financial aid office for details.
If a Hope recipient fails to complete an enrollment period for any reason, the institution must determine if any Hope funds should be returned. The institution must use their institutional refund policy to calculate the refund amount.