Hope (Lottery) Scholarship (TELS)
Financial Aid Office
10915 Hardin Valley Road
P.O. Box 22990
Knoxville, TN 37933-0990
Fax: 865-539-7691 or 865-694-6577
(This e-mail is for general questions only - please use myPSCC for account specific information.)
School Code: 012693
Hardin Valley Campus
Goins Administration Building, Room 157
Mon.—Thurs.: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 pm
Fri.: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Blount County Campus
Division Street Campus
(Closed June & July)
Magnolia Avenue Campus
Strawberry Plains Campus
(Closed June & July)
Room: Main Office
Keep Your Lottery (HOPE) Scholarship Award!
To retain award...
- Student’s cannot change enrollment status within the semester and receive the scholarship for the succeeding semester. Student’s enrollment status (full-time or part-time) is determined as of the census date (14th day). If enrollment status changes, the student will lose the scholarship award forever. For extenuating circumstances, click here to view or print an appeal form.
- Student must be continuously enrolled to maintain eligibility. This excludes the summer semester. Students who do not maintain continuous enrollment will lose the scholarship award forever. For extenuating circumstances, click here to view or print an appeal form.
- GPA requirements: At 24 and 48 attempted hours the student must have a cumulative 2.75 GPA. At 72 and 96 attempted hours the student must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. If the student does not meet this, they can regain the award at the next benchmark if they meet the GPA requirement. Meeting the GPA requirement is the only way to regain the scholarship as the GPA requirement is not appealable.
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) Consortium Agreement Between Eligible Postsecondary Institutions:
- The student should obtain the TELS Consortium form from either the Home or Host (PSCC) institution (click here to access form).
- The student should then have the courses approved by their Home institution advisor and write them on the form.
- Once the courses are approved, the student would turn the TELS Consortium form into their Home Institution Financial Aid office for them to complete the required TELS eligibility information regarding Attempted hours and GPA.
- The Home institution Financial Aid office should then sign the form and fax it to the PSCC Financial Aid office. We will not accept a form directly from the student.
- Once the form is approved by the HOME institution, the student should then log into the TSAC portal and change the school for the HOPE to PSCC.
- Upon receipt of the faxed TELS Consortium form, PSCC will process the student’s HOPE and add the Hope award to the student PSCC Financial Aid account.
- Transient students may need to pay fees and tuition (by the cashier’s due dates) to avoid deletion of their class schedule.
TN HOPE Lottery Deadlines
In order to receive the TN HOPE Lottery Scholarship, you must 1.) complete the FAFSA by the dates below 2.) verify that Pellissippi State is listed as the school which your HOPE Lottery Scholarship is being sent to via the TSAC Student Portal.
- Fall semester: September 1
- Spring or Summer semesters: February 1
General Eligibility Requirements:
For eligibility requirements, the specific types of Lottery Scholarships, award amounts, GPA and ACT/SAT score requirements, please refer to the information sheet from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation website.
- Complete The FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the information sent to Pellissippi State.
- Make PSCC Your #1 School: Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the FIRST school code listed on your FAFSA to have your lottery scholarship file come to Pellissippi State.
- Request High School Transcript (New Students): Please have your high school send Pellissippi State a copy of your final high school transcript. We can not award lottery based on a partial transcript.
- Check Your Award Status For Next Aid Year: Beginning in mid-July, use the student service pages (myPellissippi) to review your financial aid awards for the upcoming school year.
All TN Hope Lottery Scholarship forms are now accessible by logging into myPellissippi and clicking on the "Financial Aid" tab.
If you have problems or questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
General Eligibility Requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the information sent to Pellissippi State (012693).
- Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the first school code listed on your FAFSA.
- Be a Tennessee resident for 1 year prior to application deadline.
- Minimum of 25 years of age and student's (and spouse's) adjusted gross income must be $36,000 or less and MUST be an entering freshman and not have been enrolled in a postsecondary institution for at least 2 years.
- After a student attempts 12 semester hours without the HOPE scholarship and achieves a minimum 2.75 GPA at a HOPE eligible postsecondary institution, student will then be awarded the HOPE scholarship for the next semester as long as Summer semester is not the first awarding semester.
- All academic transcripts must be evaluated through the Admission's Office.
How to Change Your Lottery School:
- Log into the HOPE Lottery Student Portal (TSAC) by clicking here (opens in new tab/window) to verify which school the HOPE was sent to. If another school is listed, please click on “Process a Change of Institution Request” and select Pellissippi State Community College
- After completing this step, please fill out the HOPE Lottery Account Review Request (available within your myPellissippi account).
- It will take several days for this request to be processed and post to your account. Please back through your myPellissippi to see when the award is posted.
For students who first received HOPE in fall 2009 semester or thereafter
- Award amount has increased to $3,000 per year at a 2 year institution. This award will be divided equally between fall, spring and summer semesters.
- This award will terminate after student earns a baccalauriate degree or student has attempted 120 semesters hours or 5 years have passed from the date of initial enrollment at any post-secondary institution.
Lottery Program Contact
Information Processing Specialist