Hope (Lottery) Scholarship (TELS)
General Eligibility Requirements:
For eligibility requirements, the specific types of Lottery Scholarships, award amounts, GPA and ACT/SAT score requirements, please refer to the information sheet from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation website.
- Complete The FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the information sent to Pellissippi State.
- Make PSCC Your #1 School: Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the FIRST school code listed on your FAFSA to have your lottery scholarship file come to Pellissippi State.
- Request High School Transcript (New Students): Please have your high school send Pellissippi State a copy of your final high school transcript. We can not award lottery based on a partial transcript.
- Check Your Award Status For Next Aid Year: Beginning in mid-July, use the student service pages (myPellissippi) to review your financial aid awards for the upcoming school year.
All TN Hope Lottery Scholarship forms are now accessible by logging into myPellissippi and clicking on the "Financial Aid" tab.
If you have problems or questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship for Non-Traditional StudentsGeneral Eligibility Requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the information sent to Pellissippi State (012693).
- Place Pellissippi State's school code (012693) as the first school code listed on your FAFSA.
- Be a Tennessee resident for 1 year prior to application deadline.
- Minimum of 25 years of age and student's (and spouse's) adjusted gross income must be $36,000 or less and MUST be an entering freshman and not have been enrolled in a postsecondary institution for at least 2 years.
- After a student attempts 12 semester hours without the HOPE scholarship and achieves a minimum 2.75 GPA at a HOPE eligible postsecondary institution, student will then be awarded the HOPE scholarship for the next semester as long as Summer semester is not the first awarding semester.
- All academic transcripts must be evaluated through the Admission's Office.
How to Change Your Lottery School:
- Make sure you fill out the FAFSA and place the PSCC school code (012693) in the number 1 slot.
- Complete a Change of Institution Request Form (available within myPellissippi).
- Fax this form to the TSAC fax number listed at the bottom of the form.
- Give our office 48 hours, and contact us back to make sure the change has been made in order for your scholarship award to be processed.
For students who first received HOPE in fall 2009 semester or thereafter
- Award amount has increased to $3,000 per year at a 2 year institution. This award will be divided equally between fall, spring and summer semesters.
- This award will terminate after student earns a baccalauriate degree or student has attempted 120 semesters hours or 5 years have passed from the date of initial enrollment at any post-secondary institution.
Lottery Program Contact
Financial Aid Supervisor