Federal Student Aid Title IV Aid Withdrawal/Repayment Policy
Federal Regulations for Withdrawing
- A student who changes their enrollment status (adds /drops classes) within the first 14 days of a term will have their financial aid adjusted accordingly; after the 14th day, the student will be responsible for any balance on the student's account created by an enrollment status change.
- Attendance must be confirmed and reported by the instructor of each class in which you are enrolled in order to receive Federal Title IV Financial Aid for that class. You may check to see if your instructor has reported attendance on “MyPellissippi” under the Student TAB, click on Student Records then click on attendance reporting. The Class Instructor is responsible for reporting accurate and timely student attendance records during the term.
- The Financial Aid Office will review enrollment and attendance records weekly throughout the semester and at the end of each semester for class attendance and student withdrawals.
- Students that receive Federal Title IV Financial Aid and officially withdraw from school or stop attending all classes as reported by attendance records (unofficial withdrawal) may have to return a percentage of unearned funds to the Federal Financial Aid Program.
- The Financial Aid Office must recalculate the amount of Financial Aid a student is authorized to keep when a student officially or unofficially withdraws from the college. PSCC Financial Aid will use the Federal Student Aid Return of Title IV Aid methodology and Formula to determine the amount of aid the student earned for that term.
- If it is determined that PSCC has to return a portion of a student’s Federal Financial Aid back to the Department of Education, the student may owe PSCC a portion or all of the returned aid. Please check your Student Account statement on “MyPellissippi” to determine if you owe a balance after a withdrawal.
- A student who completes over 60% of an enrollment period, as determined by the Title IV Return Formula, has usually earned all of their Federal Financial Aid assistance for that term.
- If Pellissippi State determines that a student has officially or unofficially withdrawn from a full semester term, a Return of Federal Title IV Aid Calculation (R2T4) will be performed.
- Within 30 days of determining the student's withdrawal from Pellissippi State, Financial Aid will notify the student that a Title IV Return of Aid calculation has been completed and advise the student to check their PSCC Student Account to see if any balance of Federal Aid must be repaid to PSCC.
- The student has 45 calendar days after notification to make a repayment in full or make satisfactory repayment arrangements with the Pellissippi State Cashier's Office. The student will not be allowed to re-enroll or obtain transcripts until their Student Account balance has been resolved with the PSCC Cashiers Office.
- If the Student had borrowed Federal Student Direct loans, effective the date of determined withdrawal from PSCC, those loans will go into repayment according to the terms of the Master Promissory Note the student signed.