Financial Literacy Library
Pellissippi State Community College endeavors to provide our students with financial literacy information in order to assist students with making sound financial decisions. Below you will find a wealth of information to guide you in the right direction and avoid any adverse effects. The Financial Aid Office is always available to assist you with any questions or concerns. You may also visit our Default Aversion Unit’s page for more information.
General Scholarship Search Tool
Listing of available national scholarships
General Financial Aid Information
National Student Guide to Financial Aid
National Student Loan Data System
Review your student loan debt
Department of Education Information
Find out about government education initiatives
CashCourse offers a wealth of financial education resources that can help you build money management skills and prepare you for success.
The U.S. Department of Education’s federal student aid information website. Here are some helpful links:
• Prepare for College (including checklists)
• Types of Aid and Sources of Money for College
• Who Gets Aid
• FAFSASM: Apply for Aid
• Manage Your Federal Student Loan
This is the federal government’s website that provides federal financial literacy and education programs, grants and other information. 1-888-MyMoney is the federal government’s toll-free Hotline accessible to the public seeking information about federal financial materials. Information is available in English and Spanish.
Explanations on money topics that go deep enough but don’t feel like reading a dry textbook. Step-by-step instructions and checklists. Calculators that actually tell you what’s going on with the numbers in plain English.
This site is your source for information from the U.S. Department of Education about how to manage your student loans. It provides the following information:
- Complete Counseling
- Complete Master Promissory Note
- Request a Direct PLUS Loan
- Complete Direct Loan Consolidation Loan Application and Promissory Note
- Complete IBR/Pay As You Earn/ICR Repayment Plan Request
- View their federal student aid history
- Get loan servicer contact information
- Find out how much Pell Grant eligibility they have left
- Download their federal student aid history into a text file
Need to Contact Your Loan Servicer? Just Click Their Icon to View their Webpage.