African dancers
Flags from different countries
People talking at the Festival of Cultures

US Tax Information for International Students and Scholars

Most people who work and live in the US are required to file taxes on a yearly basis. The US tax year is January 1 to December 31 with tax filing on April 15 of the following year. The Internal Revenue Service is the US government agency responsible for the collection of federal income taxes. They publish the US Tax Guide for Aliens, Publication 519 and the US Tax Treaties, Publication 901.

If you are an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa holder, you are required to complete and file a US tax form even if you don’t work in the US. Please contact International Office for assistance in acquiring assistance for your tax filing.