2013 OWA (Webmail)
Over the next few weeks the College will be moving our email accounts to the new 2013 Microsoft Exchange server and then onto Office 365. This will give us new opportunities for technology as well as functional options for users. We appreciate your patience as we make these transitions. At any time please contact the Helpdesk if you have issues by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-694-6537 or visit our webpage.
Below is the new 2013 OWA login:
And then your new environment once logged in:
1. "Quick" New Mail button – Click the + sign next to the New Mail hyperlink to generate a new email message.
2. Folder pane – Create\Navigate between your Folders. You have a FAVORITES section as well. Add folders that you use frequently from your folder listings by dragging and dropping.
3. The Reminder icon - Related to your appointments and tasks. This currently shows I have
1 reminder. Clicking on the icon reveals the reminder as shown here. You may dismiss, snooze, or dismiss all.
4. Selected View pane – This section reflects all the messages currently in your “Selected folder” (the folder currently highlighted). In the screen shot above this would be my Staff folder.
5. Within the Selected View pane, the message being displayed in the Reading pane will be highlighted. Notice there are check marks and a blue bar on the right side of the message. The blue bar indicated an unread message. The check mark indicated that the message is being viewed. You may right-click on any message in this view to reveal the context menu. Below, you may delete, move the message to another folder, or set a flag for follow up. The RED X allows you to Delete the message and the FLAG marks the message for follow up.
6. Navigation bar – This is where you will navigate between mail and other features of
OWA. OUTLOOK is for your mail, CALENDAR is the calendar or calendars you have
access to view, People allows you to create groups for sending messages, Newsfeed will come later, SkyDrive is your Cloud storage space 5G, Sites takes you to SharePoint which we will use later.
The 3-dots take you out of CCP cloud space to the Microsoft.com or the Microsoft Store. YES you can purchase apps at the Store but do not go here as there is a cost. **Please note Pellissippi
does not support the purchase of apps**
7. To Open another Mailbox or Sign Out of OWA click on your name (Shown as Tracy Smith above). Clicking brings up a drop-down menu which allows you to Sign in to another mailbox (this is the Proxy access we had in GroupWise) or Sign-Out of OWA.
The GEAR icon shows a drop-down menu for multiple functions. You may Refresh your view, this is like checking for new mail
messages. Set Automatic Replies is your Out Of Office setting location. The Display Settings allow you to modify the default view of the OWA layout. Manage Apps – to come later. Change Theme allows you to change the background theme of your OWA window within the browser. Options take you out of your OWA view into a 365 view for setting multiple options on your account.
The Options menu item takes you out of the OWA view into the 365 view.
This new window allows you to organize email, create groups, and BLOCK or ALLOW
messages (Junk mail settings). The Right pointing arrow in the circle takes you back to the OWA view. Remember this symbol it will always take you back. Think of it as your Back Button on your browser.