Open Computer Labs
Pellissippi State's Open Computer Labs provide students with the latest technology and resources, as well as the assistance needed to successfully complete class assignments and projects. The Open Computer Labs are a great place to come and do research related to your courses. We have a friendly and knowledgeable staff to help you with whatever questions you may have.
Open Computer Labs provide PC and Macintosh computers, as well as specialized software for your classes. They have accessible areas for students with disabilities, including software to aid students who have difficulty hearing, seeing or typing.
All PSCC campuses have Open Computer Labs available for student and faculty use.
Lab Assistants are here to assist you when they can, but they are not here to replace your instructors or to complete your assignments for you. Feel free to ask questions, and they will be very happy to help if they can.
Open Computer Lab Guidelines
Out of respect for all students, please follow these rules when using open computer lab spaces:
- Open computer labs are quiet, individual study spaces. Please refrain from excess noise or group study.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Cell phone use is prohibited, and phones should be either turned off or set to vibrate/silent.
- Children are not allowed.
Who can use the Open Computer Lab?
- are currently registered for classes at PSCC
- need access to a computer
- need access to the Internet
- need to print their assignments
- need to scan or print
- need special software applications for classes such as digital media
- require use of specialized software such as JAWS