Computer HelpDesk (FAQ)
Faculty & Staff FAQ:
Password must be at least 8 characters long.
Password will need to contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A - Z)
- English lowercase characters (a - z)
- Numbers (0 - 9)
- Non-alphanumeric: Example: (! $ # or %)
Using numbers, symbols and mix of upper and lower case letters in your password makes it harder for someone to guess your password. For example, an eight-character password with numbers, symbols and mixed-case letters is harder to guess because it has 30,000 times as many possible combinations than an eight-character password with only lower case letters.
Your email and online courses account password expires every 120 days, however you can always access myPellissippi as long as you remember your last password. To reset your expired account password, go to the myPellissippi page, and click on the link "Can't access your account"
Fac_staffemail@example.com, We suggest always typing this address completely out and not allowing auto-complete to enter the message.
Use the following parameters in your setup:
Server type: imap
Server address: exmail02.pstcc.edu
Mobile Device Help for email migration
Computer HelpDesk cannot assist with personal equipment. Should you need further assistance, contact your service provider.
Yes, but we do not recommend using this feature for you are on several automated distribution lists and will miss out on important emails.
No. The H:Drive can only be accessed from a campus computer. You may want to purchase a flash drive to transport files.
- They look the same. If you want to "burn" music to a CD, you must use a CD-R. Or you may copy a game from one CD-R to another CD-R (your computer requires a CD-burner to do this. After burning your CD-R either for music or games, that disk can never be used again for anything else. Where a CD-RW is rewriteable, meaning whatever data you place on that disk can later be erased or the disk reformatted so that it may be used again for something else. The CD-RW is primarily used only for data files.
- CD-R is for writing once and reading many times, whereas CD-RW is for writing up to 1000 times and reading many times. CD-R's are compatible with many devices including CD players and DVD players if properly burned. CD-RW's will usually only work with computers regardless of the format of the final CD (SVCD, VCD, Data or Audio CD) although some CD and DVD players do support them it is rare.
- Another difference is that a CD-RW costs almost five times that of a CD-R.
Students have a 30MB disk quota limit on their e-mail accounts (and 250 MB on their H:\Drive) After the disk quota is reached in the email account, emails can no longer be sent until disk quota is reduced. Look for specific sender's mail to delete, past date messages, large attachments such as photos and PowerPoint presentations, etc. (that can be saved to your H:\ drive or deleted). Also, regularly empty the Deleted and Sent Items folder to free up space.
You should be able to access the Pellissippi State wireless network from any internet accessible mobile device. Faculty\Staff\Student will want to choose the PSCC wireless network and enter your PSCC username and password when prompted . Checking the "Connect automatically" button is a good idea for Faculty\Staff\Students as your network connection will be remembered eliminating the need for future login. However, once your password is changed (every 90 days) you will be required to log in again. You also have access to Wireless printing on campus. Please click here for additional information. Pellissipppi State guests should use the PSCC_Guest network and enter a valid email address on the registration page.
You can have your username changed; however it must be done at the end of the semester. Doing so during the semester can cause you to loose your work and information. Just let the Records office know of your request and the username will be changed at the beginning of the next semester. And keep in mind the username is only a tool to access our systems. It is not the name that will appear on your college records.
Yes, but it is not recommended because during times of heavy Internet traffic the video will stall, this is contributed to network issues that Pellissippi has no control over.
Click here for instructions on Banner access.
Due to Pellissippi State policies, Helpdesk is only allowed to work on college owned equipment.
Click here for additional Student email FAQ's.
Click here for additional Faculty\Staff email FAQ's.