Faculty and Staff Use Only:
What is Virtual Desktop?
- Authenticates over secure connection using Active Directory account
- Supported browsers(Internet Explorer and Firefox) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to all allowed network drives—H drive, shared dept drives, etc.
Items to Consider:
- Does NOT provide access to the user's campus C drive or desktop
- Blocks access to local (client) machine during virtual session, except for printing (may not be compatible with user’s printer)
- No USB drives or other peripherals can be accessed while using Virtual Desktop (this includes USB wireless adapters)
- Auto-logoff after 10 minutes of inactivity to provide access to other users (only 10 simultaneous desktop sessions available),
Process for obtaining access to virtual desktop:
- Read Virtual Desktop Policy 08:13:12
- Request access by obtaining VP approval, read policy/sign Compliance Document, forward to HelpDesk who facilitate adding user to group
- Install Citrix receiver on user’s client (off campus) computer (Instructions will be sent by Helpdesk once Compliance Document is received)