Faculty and Staff Use Only:
What is Virtual Desktop?
- Authenticates over secure connection using your PSCC Active Directory account
- Access to all allowed network drives—H drive, shared dept drives, etc.
- Software available: Microsoft Office Suite, web browsers
Items to Consider:
- Does NOT provide access to your on-campus C drive or desktop
- May or may not allow you to print documents to your local printer (incompatible with some printer setups)
- Auto-logoff after 10 minutes of inactivity to provide access to other users (only 10 simultaneous desktop sessions available)
- Works best using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browser
Process for obtaining access to virtual desktop:
- Read Remote Access Policy 08:13:10
- Sign Compliance Document, obtain VP approval signature, forward to HelpDesk who will facilitate account setup.
- When access is granted, Helpdesk will email instructions explaining how to install Citrix receiver on your off campus computer and connect to https://virtual.pstcc.edu.
VPN Access Information: