1. Clear the cache and cookies out of browser, close/reopen
2. There are two important updates. Mac users with the new Lion operating system, 10.7.2, need to upgrade to the 10.7.3 version.
3. Users with the new Internet Explorer 9 will need to use Firefox or Chrome or uninstall Internet Explorer 9 and install Internet Explorer 8. (This download can be found at the Microsoft Website)
4. If you need further assistance or have questions, please go to one of the Open Labs on campus.
Wireless service on campus provides access to the Internet and campus resources. You must have a valid PSTCC account in order to access the wireless network and have the appropriate wireless equipment. There are no wireless cards available for checkout. Please make sure that your wireless device is protected with the latest antivirus software available and is updated regularly. Antivirus software is available to download here.
Configure your computer (only complete once). If you are familiar with this setup, please verify the following settings and follow instructions for log in:
- SSID: PSwifi
- Open a web browser (IE 6.0 or better required)
- Log in using your PSTCC username and password (Username only -- do not add @pstcc.edu)
- Read and become familiar with the acceptable use policy to which you are agreeing with wireless use
- Click on Log In
- Use the Logout popup window when finished to complete the log off
Detailed instructions for the PC or MAC are at the bottom of this page.
Students: Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Fac/Staff: Sunday through Saturday 6:00 a.m.. - 12:00 a.m.
Pellissippi State has wireless printing available at each of the campuses. The printer locations are available in the Open Lab on each campus (ERC327, BC139, DV138, MA147).
Click here to access detailed wireless printing documentation regarding the PaperCut application. Note: Your print job will print in a monitored Open Lab. It will include a cover sheet that contains date\time, and your PaperCut reference numbers.
Network and Technical Services provides web page support for the Pellissippi Wireless Network. No technical or hands-on assistance is available for personal equipment.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the lower right of your screen.
- PSwifi should show up in the list of wireless networks.
- Select the PSwifi network and click the "Connect" button. Checking the "Connect automatically" is a good idea but not required.
You are now ready to log in. Simply:
- Start Internet Explorer (IE) or other browser -- the browser will be redirected to the Pellissippi State Wireless Network Login Screen.
- Enter your username and password (this is your PSTCC username for computer logins and/or your E-mail account - do not add @pstcc.edu)
- Logoff when finished by clicking on the logout popup window and "click to logout." This window may be minimized to the task bar.
- Find the built in AirPort card symbol on the desktop and make sure AirPort is on.
- Verify that PSwifi network is shown as available and checked.
- Once you have made these settings, you are now ready to log in.
- Start a web browser such as Safari - the browser will be redirected to the Pellissippi State Wireless Network Login Screen.
- Enter username and password (this is your PSTCC username for computer login and/or your E-mail account - do not add @pstcc.edu.)
- Logoff when finished by clicking on the logout popup window and "click to logout". This window may be minimized to the task bar.