Tutoring For Students Taking Online Courses
Through a partnership with tutor.com, the Academic Support Centers offers 24/7 online tutoring that connects students one-on-one with a subject-expert tutor. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device. It is available only to currently enrolled PSCC students taking online courses.
Tutor.com can, also, be accessed through the public library. Access to this service requires a Knox County Library card number.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics,
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Earth Science
- Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies, Foreign Language
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Social Sciences – American History, World History, Geography
- English and Writing – Writing, Literature, Vocabulary, Grammar
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
To Access Tutor.com:
Log into your D2L course(s) to access Tutor.com online tutoring.
When logging on for your tutoring session:
Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center, and select the subject to be connected to a tutor
After you work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session, or share it via email or Facebook.
- Review your session again at any time.
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite.”
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (your name/teacher's name) from your documents before uploading them into the session. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
Want to Learn More? Here Are 3 Simple Ways:
- See how Tutor.com works in this "How It Works Video."
- Learn how easy it is to use Tutor.com with the "How It Works Guide."
- Watch a Tutor.com session in action in the "Algebra Session Video."