Online Tutoring Options
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Academic Support Center will offer 24/7 online tutoring for Fall and Spring semesters that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device. This is available only to currently enrolled Pellissippi State Community College students.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Learning Support, Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics,
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Earth Science
- Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (3pm – midnight everyday)
- Social Sciences – American History, World History, Geography
- English and Writing – Writing, Literature, Vocabulary, Grammar
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
How to Access:
Click the graphic below and log into your D2L course(s) to access online tutoring.
When logging on for your tutoring session:
Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
After you will work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
Want to Learn More? Here Are 3 Simple Ways:
- See how Tutor.com works in this How It Works Video
- Learn how easy it is to use Tutor.com with the How It Works Guide
- Watch a Tutor.com session in action in the Algebra Session Video