Online Tutoring For Online Students
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Academic Support Center will offer 24/7 online tutoring for Fall and Spring semesters that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor the minute they need assistance. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device. This is available only to currently enrolled Pellissippi State Community College students taking courses online.
This can also be accessed through the public library for Knox County members. You must go to a local Knox County library and use their computers to acces it.
Under special circumstances online tutoring can be offered to students that are not online students. Please contact us at the ASC at 865-539-7079 for more information. Or stop by to speak to us in person about it.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Learning Support, Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics,
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Earth Science
- Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (3pm – midnight everyday)
- Social Sciences – American History, World History, Geography
- English and Writing – Writing, Literature, Vocabulary, Grammar
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
How to Access:
Click the graphic below and log into your D2L course(s) to access online tutoring.
When logging on for your tutoring session:
Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
After you will work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
Want to Learn More? Here Are 3 Simple Ways:
- See how Tutor.com works in this How It Works Video
- Learn how easy it is to use Tutor.com with the How It Works Guide
- Watch a Tutor.com session in action in the Algebra Session Video