Online Tutoring For Students Taking Online Courses
Through a partnership with Tutor.com, the Academic Support Center offers 24/7 online tutoring for that connects students one-to-one with a subject expert tutor when they need assistance. The tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed from any internet-enabled computer or mobile device. It is available only to currently enrolled PSCC students taking online courses.
Tutor.com can also be accessed through the public library for Knox County members. Access to this service requires a Knox County Library card number.
Also available to PSCC students is Ascatutor@pstcc.edu, an email service that assists students with essays. You will email Ascatutor@pstcc.edu your assignment sheet along with your essay and a tutor will reply within 24 hours. This service has a tutor available from 9:00am to 10:00pm everyday, including holidays, weekends, and breaks, like Spring and Fall break.
Under special circumstances online tutoring can be offered to students that are not online students. Please contact us at the ASC at 865-539-7079 for more information. Or stop by to speak to us in person about it.
Online tutoring is available in the following subject areas:
- Math – Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics,
- Science – Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Earth Science
- Liberal Arts – Grammar, Literature, Social Studies
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Social Sciences – American History, World History, Geography
- English and Writing – Writing, Literature, Vocabulary, Grammar
Additionally, the program also offers resources such as study tools, lessons, test prep materials, and instructional videos.
How to Access:
Click the graphic below, and log into your D2L course(s) to access Tutor.com online tutoring.
When logging on for your tutoring session:
Scroll over the relevant Tutoring Center and select your subject to be connected to a tutor
After you will work with a tutor, you can:
- Print your session or share it via email or Facebook
- Review your session again at any time
- Save your tutor as a “Favorite”
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session:
- Have a question or concept you would like to review with a tutor ready. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey. This will save you time while you are in a session with a tutor.
- It is important that you remove any identifying information (like your name) from your documents before uploading them into the classroom. Upload your papers in advance on the pre-session page to maximize your tutoring time.
Want to Learn More? Here Are 3 Simple Ways:
- See how Tutor.com works in this How It Works Video
- Learn how easy it is to use Tutor.com with the How It Works Guide
- Watch a Tutor.com session in action in the Algebra Session Video