How To Make The Most Of Tutoring Services
Come to see a tutor when you need:
- help in completing homework questions or problems;
- assistance in understanding concepts or discussing ideas;
- to know more about study strategies and preparing for tests;
- help to keep you from falling behind.
Prepare for a tutoring session by bringing:
- Class notes
- Past quizzes or tests that your instructor has authorized you to have;
- Course syllabus;
- Homework or workbook problems (indicate what you have been able to complete yourself since tutors cannot go over every problem in every assignment).
Remember that tutors cannot:
- Do homework or assignments for students;
- Make up for missed classes or assignments or for missing prerequisite courses;
- Provide help for take home tests;
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, proofreading, or translating for students;
- Teach new material not included in the coursework;
Certain Faculty select students, called Supplemental Instruction Leaders, who attend all of the classes and then hold weekly study sessions.