How To Make The Most Of Tutoring Services
Come to see a tutor when you need:
- help in completing homework questions or problems;
- assistance in understanding concepts or discussing ideas;
- to know more about study strategies and preparing for tests;
- help to keep you from falling behind.
Prepare for a tutoring session by bringing:
- Class notes
- Past quizzes or tests that your instructor has authorized you to have;
- Course syllabus;
- Homework or workbook problems (indicate what you have been able to complete yourself since tutors cannot go over every problem in every assignment).
Remember that tutors cannot:
- Do homework or assignments for students;
- Make up for missed classes or assignments or for missing prerequisite courses;
- Provide help for take home tests;
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, proofreading, or translating for students;
- Teach new material not included in the coursework;
Below you will find links to help you understand how to prevent plagiarism while writing for school, whether it be intentional or accidental plagiarism. This link will give you dozens of resources to help avoid it and teachers to prevent it. There are tools and examples to teach and/or learn proper citation. Also, there are helpful questions and answers every writing student should ask while working on a paper.