Welcome to the Magnolia Avenue Campus
Pellissippi State’s Magnolia Avenue Campus opened in 2000 in the heart of Knoxville. We usually house about 600 students each semester at this campus. The Magnolia Avenue Campus is easily accessible by car or by public transportation, or even by foot for residents of downtown and surrounding areas.
Our Center for Student and Community Engagement is your one-stop shop for support services — from advising to tutoring, from library resources to testing.
Degrees & Certificates Available at Magnolia Avenue
You can earn some degrees and certificates without ever leaving the Magnolia Avenue Campus. These degree pathways may include a combination of on-campus and online classes.
Courses on Campus
Due to COVID-19, more courses may have to be completed online to finish the programs.
Pellissippi State offers high-quality, short-term training in the form of Loading.... Certificates are designed for working students who wish to upgrade their skills or gain additional certification in a particular area.
- A+/Network+ Certification Preparation Certificate
- Accessible Web Design Certificate (online courses
- Sound Production Certificate
Loading... let you earn your degree from Pellissippi State and then pursue your career.
- Computer Information Technology, Networking Concentration, A.A.S. (daytime classes, fall semester start, no summer classes)
- Media Technologies, Audio Production Engineering Concentration, A.A.S.
- Nursing, A.A.S.
Loading... let you earn a degree from Pellissippi State that is designed to transfer to a four-year or other institution.
General Transfer Degrees
The general transfer degree at Pellissippi State is for students who wish to earn an associate degree, but want to keep their options open when they transfer to a university. Completing one of these degrees fulfills general education requirements for a four-year degree. However, this flexibility means that each student is responsible for ensuring that individual courses will be accepted by the university he or she plans to attend.
- General A.A.
- General A.S.
Tennessee Transfer Pathway Programs
Students who complete all the courses listed in a Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP) program will earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with a concentration in a certain area of study. TTP courses count toward the university major of that area of study. These programs are designed to seamlessly transfer to four-year colleges/universities although some colleges or universities may have additional requirements.
- English A.A.
- Family & Consumer Sciences A.S.
- Foreign Language A.A.
- History A.A./A.S.
- International Affairs A.A.
- Philosophy A.A./A.S.
- Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Pre-Health Professions, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Pharmacy, Vet Med
- Pre-Physical Therapy A.S.
The following Tennessee Transfer Pathway programs require four or fewer online classes and/or classes at the Hardin Valley campus:
- Accounting A.S. (one online class, MATH 2050)
- Accounting A.S. (two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Anthropology A.A./ A.S. (one online class ANTH 1230 and two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, ANTH 1130, ANTH 1430)
- Business Administration A.S. (two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Communication Studies A.A./A.S. (three classes at the Hardin Valley campus, COMM 2055, COMM 2085, COMM 2090)
- Computer Science A.S. (four classes at the Hardin Valley campus CISP1010, CISP1020, CISP2410, MATH2010)
- Criminal Justice A.S. (four online classes, CRMJ 1010, CRMJ 1020, CRMJ 2010, CRMJ 2020)
- Economics A.A./A.S. (Two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Exercise Science A.S. (one online class, PHED 1100 and three classes at the Hardin Valley campus, PHED1005, PHED2335, PHED2435)
- Finance A.S. (one online class, ACCT 1020)
- Geosciences A.S. (one online class and three classes at the Hardin Valley campus, GEOL1040, GEOL1050, GEOL1300)
- Imaging Sciences A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, PHYS 2010, PHYS 2020)
- Information Systems (two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Management (two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Marketing (two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050)
- Mass Communication A.A./A.S. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, COMM 1010, COMM 1020)
- Mathematics A.S. (four classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, CISP 1010, MATH 2010, MATH 2110, MATH 2120)
- Nutrition and Food Science A.S. (one online class, MATH 2050)
- Political Science A.A./A.S.(three online classes PLOS 1010, POLS 1030 and POLS elective)
- Pre-Clinical Laboratory Sciences (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, CHEM 2010, CHEM 2020)
- Pre-Occupational Therapy (one class at the Hardin Valley campus, PHYS 2010)
- Psychology A.A./A.S. (two online classes, PSYC 2120, PSYC elective)
- Secondary Education English A.S.T. (two classes at the Hardin Valley campus, EDU 2010, EDU 2015)
- Secondary Education Mathematics A.S.T. (four classes at the Hardin Valley Campus, EDU 2010, MATH 2010, MATH 2110, MATH 2120)
- Social Work A.A./A.S. (three online classes, POLS 1030, SWRK 2010, SWRK elective)
- Sociology A.A./A.S. (one online class SOCI 2010)
- Sport and Leisure Management A.S. (Two online classes, ACCT 1020, MATH 2050 and one class at the Hardin Valley campus, PHED 1005)